Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mr e
    • Aug 2002

Admin can't post threads

Ok I'm the admin on my localhost board and I've reinstalled vB 2.9.0 completely fresh, but when I go to New Thread it gives me the No Permissions error.

PHP 4.3.2 RC2
    MySQL 3.23.49
    Apache 2.0.45

Windows XP

Any ideas?

Edit: I think it has something to do with MySQL so if this needs to be moved...but I'm still not sure.
  • ManagerJosh
    • Jun 2002

Are you posting in forum where there is no posting permissions setup?

Because that's just completely odd...
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• mr e
      • Aug 2002

I just installed it again for I think the 2nd time now, I haven't touched a thing, tried to go post in the default category that's set up and I still get that No Permission error, I also just uninstalled MySQL, restarted my comp then installed MySQL again, grrr, I don't understand this...

Comment

• pagemaker
        • Apr 2001

Hi !

I also just upgraded to newest PHP release and encountered same ppromlem.
        EDIT.php, MEMBER.PHP and some other skripts in PROFILE canot be executed because of ACCESS PERMISSION to the admin ?!

It seems as the admin has no rights to edit post, view or edit his own member profile.

Posting a new thread oder reply is possible.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
          • Dec 2000
          • 3.6.x

While our devs look into this problem, I recommend you stay away from RC versions of PHP. Stick with the current, stable release.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...