Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TurboFC3S
    • Jun 2001

File upload problem

For some reason file uploads stopped working on my site. First off, here's the phpinfo page.

The World's Largest Community of RX-7 Owners and Enthusiasts

When I try to upload, it cranks for a second and then goes to a standard "Page cannot be displayed" page. URL at top when it goest to this page is http://www.rx7club.com/forum/newreply.php

Help please!
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Phpinfo looks okay. This sounds more like a server issue than a vB one, particularly if this started suddenly.

The only thing you might want to check is to make sure that the '/var/tmp/php_uploads' directory is chmod'd to 777. Otherwise I suggest asking your host to check and server or DNS related problems.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• TurboFC3S
      • Jun 2001

It's chmod'd to 777 ... I have root access and own the server. Any other ideas to look at?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Make sure you are running all default (non-hacked) vB files. If you are, then this is definitely a server issue. I'm afraid I wouldn't know what to suggest on that end.

Try uploading an avartar - first in the User CP, then in the Admin CP. Do you get any errors?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• TurboFC3S
          • Jun 2001

I was able to upload avatars through the user control panel, but if I upload through the Admin panel I get a red x. All my stuff is relatively unhacked, only the quick reply box.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Remove all hacks and try again.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• TurboFC3S
              • Jun 2001

Ok, I know it's NOT because of the hack. I just installed the quick reply box today and the problem has been there for that last 2 weeks. It started happening around the same time that we upgraded to vB 2.2.9. Strange thing is I (and a few other users) were able to upload for awhile, but the majority of people could not. Now nobody can ... not even admins like myself.

Comment

• tubedogg
                • Feb 2001

It may or may not be the result of a hack, but we cannot support you if you have hacks installed (as stated in the license).

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

If you remove the hacks and still have this problem, fill out a support ticket at:

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP and FTP

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...