Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Robink
    • Feb 2003

Custom VB codes

By mistake a co-admin, Deleted ALL VB codes, like the ones which convert the [ b ] to bold and stufff..

Anyone know how to get em back?

Or do I have to type it all out ??
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Take a look at the install.php file. Search for:

// do bb codes

Under this section you'll see the queries needed to add the default bbcodes. Just copy-n-paste those queries in phpMyAdmin to reinstall the codes.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Robink
      • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Take a look at the install.php file. Search for:

// do bb codes

Under this section you'll see the queries needed to add the default bbcodes. Just copy-n-paste those queries in phpMyAdmin to reinstall the codes.
      Hey thanks!! I though I'll have to write it all out!!

Comment

• Robink
        • Feb 2003

This is what you told me to look for right?

$query[]="INSERT INTO bbcode VALUES (NULL,'b','<b>\\\\4</b>','Bold','The [b] tag allows you to write text bold',0)";
        $explain[]="Adding bbcode data";
        $query[]="INSERT INTO bbcode VALUES (NULL,'i','<i>\\\\4</i>','Italics','The [i] tag allows you to write text in italics',0)";
        $query[]="INSERT INTO bbcode VALUES (NULL,'email','<a href=\"mailto:\\\\4\">\\\\4</a>','[email protected]','The [email] tag allows you to include email addresses.',0)";
        $query[]="INSERT INTO bbcode VALUES (NULL,'email','<a href=\"mailto:\\\\5\">\\\\7</a>','vBulletin Support','This email tag allows you to include your own text in an email field.',1)";
        $query[]="INSERT INTO bbcode VALUES (NULL,'size','<font size=\"\\\\5\">\\\\7</font>','Size 1','The [size] tag allows you to control the size of the font.',1)";
        $query[]="INSERT INTO bbcode VALUES (NULL,'quote','<blockquote><smallfont>quote:</smallfont><hr>\\\\4<hr></blockquote>','
        This is a quote
        ','The quote tag is used to denote a quote from another post',0)";
        $query[]="INSERT INTO bbcode VALUES (NULL,'u','<u>\\\\4</u>','Underline','The [u] tag allows you to underline text.',0)";
        $query[]="INSERT INTO bbcode VALUES (NULL,'color','<font color=\"\\\\5\">\\\\7</font>','Red!','The [color] tag allows you to specify the font color.',1)";
        $query[]="INSERT INTO bbcode VALUES (NULL,'font','<font face=\"\\\\5\">\\\\7</font>','Test','You can change the font of your text.',1)";

Now where do I put this in phpMyAdmin?
        And Do I put it all at once?

I have never used phpMyAdmin Before...

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

You enter the queries in the SQL tab. For instance here's the first query:

INSERT INTO bbcode VALUES (NULL,'b','<b>\\\\4</b>','Bold','The [b] tag allows you to write text bold',0)
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...