Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vanjazz
    • Feb 2003

import ubb5 missed a forum

The ubb 5 importer imported all forums but in one of them it did not include the contents. The forum shows zero posts. Is there a way to import just the contents of one forum?

There might be others but, if so, I haven't spotted them, yet.

Also, it did not import any of the archives.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

I'd try the import again. Also are the archives from a hack?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• vanjazz
      • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      I'd try the import again. Also are the archives from a hack?
      Will re-doing the import affect the forums already imported in any way?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

It's been a long time since I upgraded my UBB 5.45c, but I seem to remember that you have the option to specifiy which forums you want to import. Is that not the case? If so, skip over everything and just choose to import that forum.

Note that if your UBB was hacked in anyway, some of the import may not work.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• vanjazz
          • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          It's been a long time since I upgraded my UBB 5.45c, but I seem to remember that you have the option to specifiy which forums you want to import. Is that not the case? If so, skip over everything and just choose to import that forum.

Note that if your UBB was hacked in anyway, some of the import may not work.
          I don't believe that at any point during the import I was given any options to specifiy which forums.

My UBB was attacked by an unknown hacker but I believe they only placed a rogue .htaccess file in the cgi-bin/ubb directory. The forums themselves appear to be intact and all but one was imported successfully.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Fill out a support ticket at:

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP and FTP.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• vanjazz
              • Feb 2003

In the end I decided that trying to import a single missed forum was not worth the hassle. However, in searching these forums I found that a number of others had similar problems, one or more forums somehow missed in the import process, with no easy solution. It seems to me that, if possible, this feature should be built in to vBulletin, i.e., the ability to import one or more forums individually.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...