Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • globalinsites
    • Oct 2002

people can't access sections of the site

Two days ago I made some permission changes to usergroups and since then I got some e-mails of visitors saying things like this:

"Every time I try to access sections of your site, I get the following message: 'You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page, etc...' I can detect no reason for this. I AM logged in and there is no reason I can think of that my account would be disabled. HELP!"

The users who are experiencing this are in the usergroup 'registered' (I checked) and 'viewing, misscelaneous and posting permissions' are all set to yes in this usergroup. Not all of the site's visitors seem to have this problem and if I login as a registered user myself I have no problems too.

I've adviced the people who are having this problem to go to user cp/edit options and set 'automatically login' to yes and 'browse board with cookies' to no. I'm not sure if this is good advice but I haven't heard from them since, although new emails of other visitors with the same problem keep coming in. I'm not sure which sections exactly they cannot access, so maybe I should try to find that out first (well, I allready tried but go no reply).

What should I do?

Regards, Rik.
  • Radon3k
    • Nov 2001

Are you editing user group permissions or access masks for each individual user?

Comment

• globalinsites
      • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Radon3k
      Are you editing user group permissions or access masks for each individual user?
      User group permissions.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Originally posted by globalinsites
        User group permissions.
        Check the user masks of any people reporting this problem. Also make sure they are in the correct user group.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...