Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rockford
    • Jan 2003

Removing an Admin

Having recently taken over the administration of a forum, we removed the Admin status of one of the members, moving her back to a Senior Member.

Her name used to be reflected in bold and italics when viewed on the forum. Changing her in the user group removed the italics but not the bold from her name.

I have looked everywhere to find out where this may be set, but cannot find it. Her membership is reflected only in the Senior Member User Group, she is not listed in the Administrator User Group and is not a Moderator or a Super Moderator?

How can I find out why she is still being reflected in bold?

Thanks
  • Cary
    • Apr 2002
    • 3.6.x

Is she listed as a moderator of a certain forum?
    Admin CP --> Forums & Moderators --> Modify

Is so, remove her as a moderator.

Comment

• Rockford
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Cary
      Is she listed as a moderator of a certain forum?
      Admin CP --> Forums & Moderators --> Modify

Is so, remove her as a moderator.
      No she is not...that is what has me stumped...I have gone through all of the forums and she is not listed anywhere, I have checked all of the User Groups, I have checked all of the permissions...somehow, or somewhere, she has "forced" the bold, and I just cannot find where. Before she was removed, she told me she had forced bold on another couple of people to allow them to think they were moderators when they really weren't...she just didn't tell me how!

Comment

• Cary
        • Apr 2002
        • 3.6.x

Run the following query in phpMyAdmin:
        DELETE from session;

You'll have to log in after you run that query. Let me know if she still shows up in bold.

Comment

• Rockford
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Cary
          Run the following query in phpMyAdmin:
          DELETE from session;

You'll have to log in after you run that query. Let me know if she still shows up in bold.
          OK thanks...I will give that a try.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...