X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D_tunisia
    • Nov 2002

Importing from VB to VB

Hi,

I'm considering buying a second VB licence but I would like to know how I can move the posts and users etc. from my current board on to the new board.

I've tried the import option in the admin panel but I can't find how to do it.

Anyone help please?

Thanks.
  • Cary
    • Apr 2002
    • 3.6.x

Take a look at http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html

Additionally, if you're forums aren't too big you might be able to back up via phpMyAdmin or the Admin CP... but it's not recommended.

Comment

• D_tunisia
      • Nov 2002

Originally posted by Cary
      Take a look at http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html

Additionally, if you're forums aren't too big you might be able to back up via phpMyAdmin or the Admin CP... but it's not recommended.
      Is there no other easier way to do it? I can't get telnet access to my server. Both the boards will be hosted on the same server.

Comment

• Cary
        • Apr 2002
        • 3.6.x

Ask your host to do a backup for you and restore it to a seperate database on your server.

Comment

• D_tunisia
          • Nov 2002

Ask your host to do a backup for you and restore it to a seperate database on your server.
          What about if I edited the config.php on the new board to point to the old forums database and started the old board with a new database?

Comment

• Cary
            • Apr 2002
            • 3.6.x

That would work!

Comment

• D_tunisia
              • Nov 2002

That would work!
              Agh! I just tried that and it replicates the whole board. I really just want to move the users and posts. I've tried your original idea using SSH but it doesn't seem to do anything at all even though it does appear to work.

Comment

• Cary
                • Apr 2002
                • 3.6.x

If you move only the users and posts what more is there not to move?

You have to leave the forums alone so the posts get imported correctly.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...