Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fury
    • Jun 2001

Tip: Don't overwrite admin\vbulletin.style

Don't overwrite admin\vbulletin.style with any template set other than master. It'll make things confusing when you download your forum to set up a testvb installation. vBulletin will only import the templates in the file.

Wasn't there some kind of check on files to make sure they are from a master template set in previous versions? I seem to remember an error message saying I need to upload an original vbulletin.style.
  • okrogius
    • Dec 2001

Originally posted by fury
    Don't overwrite admin\vbulletin.style with any template set other than master. It'll make things confusing when you download your forum to set up a testvb installation. vBulletin will only import the templates in the file.

Wasn't there some kind of check on files to make sure they are from a master template set in previous versions? I seem to remember an error message saying I need to upload an original vbulletin.style.
    THe filename is that check . Ehenever you upgrade you should overwrite all vb files including the .style file for full easyness of upgrading unless you're more of an advcanced user.

Comment

• fury
      • Jun 2001

Originally posted by Codename49
      THe filename is that check . Ehenever you upgrade you should overwrite all vb files including the .style file for full easyness of upgrading unless you're more of an advcanced user.
      Yeah, but i seem to remember some kind of check code in one of the upgrade scripts that halted the script if it didn't find some text in it like "|||master template set|||" or something. Maybe I'm just imagining things.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...