Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ericp
    • Oct 2001

Post Reply problem with 2.2.9

Since I installed the upgrade to version 2.2.9 any attempt to post a reply to a thread gets a response "No forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster". Since I'm the webmaster I'm turning to you for help! This is actually a fairly urgent issue - I would appreciate a response as soon as possible. My forum is at www.accusolve.biz/forum.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

What version did you upgrade from? Did you revert any customized templates? Also check this thread for a possible explanation and fix:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ericp
      • Oct 2001

I upgraded from 2.2.6.

I don't believe the thread you mentioned is applicable as this doesn't involve file uploading, and my server is running PHP version 4.2.3.

It looks like this error is coming from the call to verifyid in newreply.php as follows:
      Code:
      $forumid=verifyid("forum",$forumid);
      I have no idea what I have done wrong in the upgrade. I have checked all of the scripts on my server against what was in the download file vbulletin229.zip and I can't find any differences.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Reread it. That thread has nothing to do with file uploading.

Did you revert these templates: editpost, modifyavatar, newreply, and newthread

Upload the phpinfo.php file from the 'extras' directory of the zip file to your forums directory. Then post the URL here. This will help us troubleshoot the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ericp
          • Oct 2001

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Reread it. That thread has nothing to do with file uploading.

Did you revert these templates: editpost, modifyavatar, newreply, and newthread

Upload the phpinfo.php file from the 'extras' directory of the zip file to your forums directory. Then post the URL here. This will help us troubleshoot the problem.
          I reread it and it strongly infers that this problem is a result of having file uploading disabled in php.ini due to security problems in PHP versions prior to 4.1.2. As you will see from my PHP configuration at www.accusolve.biz/phpinfo.php my version is 4.2.3 and file_uploads is set to '1'.

The control panel provides no option to revert any of those templates as I have not changed any of them. The only option availabe is "change original".

I tried following the instructions in the aforementioned thread and there is no string matching ''enctype="multipart/form-data"' in any of the mentioned templates. Instead, they all use a variable named $enctype, as in the following snippet:
          Code:
          <form $enctype action="newthread.php3" method="POST" name="vbform" onSubmit="return validate(this)">
          When I ran the installation scripts everything appeared to run smoothly, except when I tried to run the last one for version 2.2.9 it told me my current version was still 2.2.6, even though I had successfully run the upgrade scripts for 2.2.7 and 2.2.8. I went ahead and ran it anyway.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Although the variable is named 'file_uploads' this problem is not one of uploading files as the thread indicates.

It does sound like something went wrong with your upgrade and this could be the cause of this problem.

Try this. Upload the vbulletin.style file from the zip file to your admin directory. Make sure you upload in ASCII and overwrite the one on the server. Then use the Styles Download/Upload function to 'Import existing style set'. Choose 'No, create a new style', then click on 'Import File'.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• ericp
              • Oct 2001

I tried importing vbulletin.style as you suggested, but the problem remains.

I also tried restoring my database from backup before the upgrade and then reran the upgrade scripts. This time everything went without a hitch, but the problem still remains.

It looks like I'm going to have to revert everything back to how it was before I did the upgrade. What I need is the 2.2.6 zip file for php3 extensions. Is there someplace I can get that? Unfortunately, while I have a backup of my database, I am unable to find the 2.2.6 zip file, and the backup I thought I did of the scripts on my host turns out to not be complete. <sigh>

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

Version 2.2.6 is no longer available because of bugs and security issues.

Try turning on magic_quotes_gpc in php.ini, then restart Apache. If that doesn't work, fill out a support ticket:

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP and FTP.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• ericp
                  • Oct 2001

It looks like I owe a big apology. I'm not sure how this happened, but I found a different vbulletin229.zip on my hard drive with different contents! When I copied those files up to my host the problem went away. Weird! Anyway, I'm very glad things are working as they should now, and apologize as it appears I did something screwy on my end.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

No problem. Glad it's fixed!

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...