Transferring posts from one board to another??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Limey
    • Mar 2001

Transferring posts from one board to another??

Can someone please let me know if I can transfer threads from one of my message boards to another one? I am trying to scale down on domain names and combine boards. I want to know how (if) I can transfer certain threads from one to the other?? Please help.

Thanks in advance!!!
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

AFAIK there's no easy or reliable way to do this. Better to just backup and restore the entire database, then prune the threads you don't want.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Limey
      • Mar 2001

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      AFAIK there's no easy or reliable way to do this. Better to just backup and restore the entire database, then prune the threads you don't want.
      I will probably prune first to get rid of the posts I don't want as there are more I want to get rid of then to keep. Only about 3 forums worth of keepers. So then, I backup database, but how do I combine them?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Combine vB databases? At this time there is no way to do this. A vB-to-vB import script will be available with vB3 but at this time there's nothing official available.

You can try asking over at vbulletin.org to see if there's an unofficial script.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Limey
          • Mar 2001

thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...