Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iascauk
    • Dec 2002

Deleting posts

Is there any way that the administrator (me), when viewing posts, can delete individual entries (posts) without having to go through the whole process of unselecting each post before i delete?.

ie. can you put a delete post option on each post on display?

Thanks
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Originally posted by iascauk
    Is there any way that the administrator (me), when viewing posts, can delete individual entries (posts) without having to go through the whole process of unselecting each post before i delete?.

Thanks
    The most simple way is to alter the template to put the checkbox on default 'no' when by goto to a thread, and from the bottom select admin drop down box 'delete threads/posts' and then click on 'click here to selectivly delete posts'

postings.php?s=&action=deleteposts&threadid=x where threadid is x

The default is yes, you could change it to no.
    The template you are looking for is: threads_deletepostsbit

find:
    Code:
    <input type="radio" name="deletepost[$post[postid]]" value="yes" checked> Yes<br>
    <input type="radio" name="deletepost[$post[postid]]" value="no"> No</smallfont>
    and change that to:
    Code:
    <input type="radio" name="deletepost[$post[postid]]" value="yes"> Yes<br>
    <input type="radio" name="deletepost[$post[postid]]" value="no" checked> No</smallfont>
    I hope this is what you were looking for
    Last edited by Floris; Mon 6 Jan '03, 3:23am.

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Originally posted by iascauk

Thanks
      Just click on the 'edit' button for that post. The delete option will be at the top.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...