Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonlevine
    • May 2002

This is going to sound stupid, but...

Is there a way to require users to enter a username, but NOT require them to have a password?

My situation is this: I've been having a big problem with AOL users logging in and staying logged in to my site. I know the problem stems from AOL's use of proxy servers and that the workaround is for my users to use IE to view the forum. I NEED to alleviate this problem, even if it means having all of my users login as guests (I figure that should fix the issue). But, I would like to be able to still keep a database of my users email addresses, so making everyone a guest really doesn't help. I figure if I don't require a password, but still ask for a username and email address I can skirt the issue.

My users are not allowed to post to my forum, so that's not an issue. The overall site is password protected, so access to the forums is still under my control. The only question is: can turn off the password feature but keep everything else?

Thanks.
  • Cary
    • Apr 2002
    • 3.6.x

To do this you would need to hack the vB Files. For hacking questions try posting over at http://vbulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...