X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IDN
    • Apr 2002
    • 3.5.x

Originally posted by vBR
    Could you pm or e-mail me the link to the download site or post it here?
    Ditto, i would like the program too
    Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

• LeeCHeSSS
      • Jan 2002

Isn't it possible to just post the link for this whois program in the thread? Because I bet there's a bunch of others who would want to try it out...

Comment

• Stryker
        • Sep 2001
        • 3.0.0 Beta 5

Thanks for the info, but I'd already done a Whois lookup and found the same thing. Is there anything that stands out from these details? It's difficult to know what to make of these things once you've got the info. Are we convinced it's a bot then? He seems to have disappeared from the Who's Online list now so that's something I suppose. He hasn't replied to my email yet or the mod's PMs.

Comment

• hankster
          • Feb 2002

I use Sam Spade to get most of my info. You can find it at http://www.samspade.org

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Stryker
            Yesterday a new member registered at my board and proceeded to spam each forum with an affiliate link to a privacy/computer cleaning product. We told him to stop it or get out in public and by PM, but got no response. We deleted 15 of his posts but left his first one alone to make sure he saw our comments. Now he keeps coming back and seems to be permanently sending or viewing his PMs.

We've banned his account and his IP, but he's still there apparently sending PMs. I did some checks and it turns out that no-one has received a PM from him which makes his presence in the PM dept. seem even more strange.

What do you think he's up to and what do I do about it? Should I be worried? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
            Whois the ip at arin or ripe and issue a spam abuse report for that host with some logs and a complaint and wish on how you would like to see them handle it. Maybe it helps them to take down the host for spamming like this.

Comment

• Floris
              • Dec 2001

Originally posted by IDN
              Ditto, i would like the program too
              \
              The programs are just front-ends to public services like www.ripe.net and www.arin.net etc. ripe is mostly europe and arin and asianet are for the rest of the world :>

The abuse@ emails listed there are mostly for the main hosting provider, so always end the emails with 'ps, if this email is received by the wrong abuse department, please notify me and/or forward the email to the appripiate address'. this way they won't just delete it or ignore it and wont get upset if they receive nag nails.

Comment

• JasonP
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by xiphoid
                \
                The programs are just front-ends to public services like www.ripe.net and www.arin.net etc. ripe is mostly europe and arin and asianet are for the rest of the world :>

The abuse@ emails listed there are mostly for the main hosting provider, so always end the emails with 'ps, if this email is received by the wrong abuse department, please notify me and/or forward the email to the appripiate address'. this way they won't just delete it or ignore it and wont get upset if they receive nag nails.
                Hi Guys,

Sorry, been busy. The program I use and recommend is made by Tamosoft. It can be downloaded at their site for free (evaluation).

It is called SMARTwhois

Comment

• Stryker
                  • Sep 2001
                  • 3.0.0 Beta 5

Lots of useful info and links there to check out. Thanks very much.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...