X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stryker
    • Sep 2001
    • 3.0.0 Beta 5

Email users problem

I'm sure this question has been asked before but this new beta search engine hasn't got a clue where to look. Very odd.

Anyway what it is, I sent out an email to all my members using the vB forum script. Some of them are using free email addresses which include the same domain name that I'm sending the emails from. The people using other email services get the message but the ones using everyone.net linked to my domain name don't. Does anyone know why?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

You will need to view the mail logs on the server to see what happened to those emails. Once vB sends it to PHP it's in the hands of the server. If you are on a shared server you may need to ask your host to look through the logs for you.

For what it's worth I get a lot of bounced emails from people who's mail boxes are full, 'unavailable' or over quota. This is a particular problem with hotmail and yahoo accounts. Unless you are on a dedicated server and can set where these bounce messages go, you will never see them. The mail logs will have a record of these though.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Stryker
      • Sep 2001
      • 3.0.0 Beta 5

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering about bounced emails - that was going to be my next question. I'm on a shared server, but one which comes with quite a comprehensive array of options and stats etc so I'll look into those. If that's no use I'll do as you suggest and contact the admin.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...