X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JasonP
    • Jul 2002

Repair.php giving error

Tell me something.

I am trying to backup a large database on vb for someone. Now it stops at 59.7 mb and just hangs. Okay so I tried breaking it up into 2 .sql files

First went fine, but it seems to be hanging on the SEARCH section of the database. So I figure a corrupt database.

Well when I run repair.php on it I get the following error:

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.2.6:
    Invalid SQL: CHECK TABLE access
    mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'CHECK TABLE access' at line 1

mysql error number: 1064

anyone have any ideas on this? And I have done the backup using the CSV as well, but for the life of me I cannot get the 2 SEARCH tables to backup, everything else but them. ???

Jason
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

How did you break this into two file and how did you restore these files?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• JasonP
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      How did you break this into two file and how did you restore these files?

Hey Steve,

Well I have tried everything. If you do the first backup as a whole .sql file, then it just stops after about 59.7 mb. But I thought I could select YES to restore on Half and NO on the other half and break it up that way. I am just trying to figure a way to get it all in one. See the host of this person I am helping does not allow access to telnet OR to the Sql database, so I am in between a rock and a hard place.

Is it hard to restore the database using the CSV files?

Jason

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

So you're trying to backup via the Admin CP then? I'm afraid this db is too large for that. If the host doesn't allow SSH as well, then the best option is to ask the host to make the backup for you,.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• JasonP
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          So you're trying to backup via the Admin CP then? I'm afraid this db is too large for that. If the host doesn't allow SSH as well, then the best option is to ask the host to make the backup for you,.
          Well like I said, I have ALL of the database in CSV files backed up EXCEPT the two SEARCH tables. So is there a way to restore these to the new server database and just manually create the 2 SEARCH tables?

Jason

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

You could try restoring the other tables, then rebuilding the search index in the Admin CP.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...