• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spinball
    • Oct 2001
    • 3.8.x

Selective mass move of threads using SQL

Hi,
    I want to move all the threads about Lord Of The Rings into the new LOTR chat sub-forum I have recently created. There are lots of threads and the mass move option is too cumbersome. Can I simply run

UPDATE thread set forumid = 86, notes = "Moved to 'Lord Of The Rings chat' by Spectre on 04-01-2003 10:52 AM." WHERE title like '%LOTR%';

and then run the 'update counters' functions?
    Or are there other considerations I don't know about?
    Stuart Wright, founder AVForums.com. [strike]13[/strike] 15 million posts and counting.
    vBulletin user from 2001. We stopped upgrading vB at 3.8.2 and sadly we're going no further.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

This could be done with a custom script. vBulletin doesn't have a move feature like that. I recommend posting a request on www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• Spinball
      • Oct 2001
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Jakeman
      This could be done with a custom script. vBulletin doesn't have a move feature like that. I recommend posting a request on http://www.vbulletin.org
      Hi Jakeman and thanks for replying.
      I know vBulletin doesn't have a feature like that. It's why I asked about running the SQL statement. I don't mind getting into SQL as I'm somewhat of an expert.
      All I need to know is whether any other tables are updated when you do a move using the admin function. If so then I will indeed contact the .org team.
      Otherwise for simplicities sake I will just run the SQL statement on my database.
      Thanks.
      Stuart Wright, founder AVForums.com. [strike]13[/strike] 15 million posts and counting.
      vBulletin user from 2001. We stopped upgrading vB at 3.8.2 and sadly we're going no further.

Comment

• Spinball
        • Oct 2001
        • 3.8.x

Bump

Comment

• Jake Bunce
          • Dec 2000
          • 3.6.x

I think the thread table is the only one that is updated.

Comment

• Spinball
            • Oct 2001
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Jakeman
            I think the thread table is the only one that is updated.
            Ok, thanks.

Comment