Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 94SupraTT
    • Dec 2002

MySQL errors...

Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/niggapino/www/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/niggapino/www/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

Anyone know what is causing this? Please help!

http://members.cox.net/al.hare/mysupra29.jpg
  • 94SupraTT
    • Dec 2002

Originally posted by 94SupraTT
    Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/niggapino/www/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/niggapino/www/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

Anyone know what is causing this? Please help!
    Also I am gettign this...

Database error in vBulletin :

Link-ID == false, connect failed
    mysql error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

mysql error number: 2002

Date: Friday 03rd of January 2003 06:21:07 PM
    Script: /forums/index.php?s=
    Referer:

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Your database is down. Either restart MySQL or contact your server administrator to do it for you.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• 94SupraTT
        • Dec 2002

got another 2002 error today

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        Your database is down. Either restart MySQL or contact your server administrator to do it for you.
        Any idea why that happens? I will go do for like 20 seconds it seems like, according to email notification. Actually i was in a chatroom on the forum when it happened but the chatroom did not go away. Happened again today.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

There could be a number of reasons why MySQL goes down. It could be poor configuration of MySQL, an underpowered or overtaxed server, etc. You need to contact your host about this.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• 94SupraTT
            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            There could be a number of reasons why MySQL goes down. It could be poor configuration of MySQL, an underpowered or overtaxed server, etc. You need to contact your host about this.
            Thanks for the info. I'll be getting with them. I am thinking of changing hosts. I am currently with phpwebhosting. My forum has only been up 3 weeks but I believe I may outgrow them I've moved 2 gigs in those 2 short weeks.

Comment

• LeeCHeSSS
              • Jan 2002

Originally posted by 94SupraTT
              Thanks for the info. I'll be getting with them. I am thinking of changing hosts. I am currently with phpwebhosting. My forum has only been up 3 weeks but I believe I may outgrow them I've moved 2 gigs in those 2 short weeks.
              I sense someone with gzip disabled...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...