Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpeedStreet
    • Aug 2002

Adding to Styles

Yes, I know this is a question that seems like it should be for vbulletin.org, but I think that only the developers can answer this question:

I am trying to add an additional color set to my style. However, I cannot find exactly where the style information is stored at. Templates are easy, but such things as {firstaltcolor}, {timecolor}, etc. seemingly disappear into the ether.

Could someone please point me in the right direction so that I can finish this process?

Thanks

If it helps, I notice that my id="" field is not propgating, which leads me to believe that this is database oriented...
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

I'm not sure about your id="" problem. If you PM me a login and url for your Admin CP I can take a quick look and make sure everything is correct.

A style consists of a Replacement set and a Template Set. If you want to create a new style that is like your old style but uses different colors, then you would point the new style to the same Template set but create a new replacement set. Admin CP -> Styles -> Add

Then you can edit the colors of the new style in your Admin CP -> Styles -> Modify -> New Style -> [fonts/colors/etc]

Comment

• SpeedStreet
      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Jakeman
      I'm not sure about your id="" problem. If you PM me a login and url for your Admin CP I can take a quick look and make sure everything is correct.

A style consists of a Replacement set and a Template Set. If you want to create a new style that is like your old style but uses different colors, then you would point the new style to the same Template set but create a new replacement set. Admin CP -> Styles -> Add

Then you can edit the colors of the new style in your Admin CP -> Styles -> Modify -> New Style -> [fonts/colors/etc]
      Looking back, I realize that I should have been more clear.

My styles work perfectly fine. What I wish to do, is add another color selection to my existing style backend. Apart from {firstaltcolor} {secondaltcolor}, etc, I wish to also add {customcolorone}, {customcolortwo}, etc.

I just don't know where in the database I should be looking for such information. I'm not seeing how it populates this information.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

Admin CP -> Replacements -> Modify -> [add custom replacement]

Comment

• SpeedStreet
          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Jakeman
          Admin CP -> Replacements -> Modify -> [add custom replacement]
          Awesome!

Great Work helping me out!

Thanks alot!

Comment

• SpeedStreet
            • Aug 2002

Originally posted by SpeedStreet
            Awesome!

Great Work helping me out!

Thanks alot!
            If anyone references this on this site in the future, the hack an be found her:

This is a discussion forum powered by vBulletin. To find out about vBulletin, go to http://www.vbulletin.com/ .

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...