Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sbryan
    • Oct 2002

Adding/Editing extra User Profile fields

i notice that the user profile fields such as 'Biography', 'Occupation' etc are limited to 250 characters no matter what value i put in the options.

if you head to http://www.xboxworld.com.au/forum/me...o&userid=2 and see my profile down the bottom where it lists 'Xbox Titles Owned' i really need this one field to be able to have more than 250 or unlimited characters (you can see my entry is half cut off at Outlaw G, which should be Outlaw Golf then there should be even more)

is this possible to setup?

oh and almost forgot, can i delete the AOL Instant Messenger Handle:Yahoo Instant Messenger Handle:
    fields from the signup procedure and peoples profiles?
    Last edited by sbryan; Fri 3 Jan '03, 4:19am.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

To do this you need to go into the database and modify the type and length of these fileds.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• sbryan
      • Oct 2002

yer but its a custom one that ive created myself. any idea where to look?

its a shame that i cant do it through the CP options.. just about everything else can be done through there

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

It doesn't matter if you added this field yourself. It's still in the database in the profilefield table.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• sbryan
          • Oct 2002

ahh cool Steve, thanks for that!

-shane

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...