Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fla5h
    • Dec 2002

Database Rebuild

I have recently started administrating a board. It is erm without being rude totally knackered.

You cannot sign up new users, you cannot post pictures, you cannot edit posts, the errors go on.

There are white pages all the time.

So I have a board installed on me computer (localhost) I have a database backup from the server.

My question is this, is it possible to extract the user details and posts out of the database so I can upload them to the new database, and then overwrite the server one with this new copy ?

I maybe have over simplified this, but I'm hoping it can be done, I have upgraded the board to the latest version and it hasn't solved any of the problems, so I was hoping that I can extract the posts etc so that the users will not see any loss of posts etc, but not bring with me all the errors (what ever they are) with me.

Can someone shed some light on if this is possible and how its done.

Thanks

Fla5h
    irc.xentonix.net #kickass
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Are you sure you're using the default vB files and templates? Frankly using the defaults should resolve most, if not all, of these problems.

Unfortnately there is no easy way to extract just the posts and members data and till have a functioning forum.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• fla5h
      • Dec 2002

When I say I upgraded to vb2.2.8

I followed the upgrade.php files, I thought it didn't upgrade the templates ?

I have installed some hacks, but wouldn't mind losing them all to get back to a fully working board.

So I will upgrade to vb2.2.9, do I just follow the upgrade steps as normal, is there a reset everything to default setting ?

One other thing, this backup that I have, since it was taken an admin deleted some threads, we would like these back, would it be better to just restore the backup ( we would loose the posts posted from the last backup ) , or can you merge them ?

Thank-you for your help
      Last edited by fla5h; Thu 2 Jan '03, 12:21pm.
      irc.xentonix.net #kickass

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

You can't merge vB dbs. You would have to either restore the backup or keep the new db.

To upgrade, make sure you follow the instrructions here. Note that you need to run the appropriate upgrade scripts for the version of the database that you are currently using.

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...