Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Weltall
    • Mar 2002

A two part-UBB import question.

I installed my vBulletin two days ago, and I, and my forumgoers all love it. We had previously been running a UBB and I tried to import it into the vBulletin. While all the user accounts and forums imported correctly for the most part, the posts did not, therefore my main page had a long list of empty forums. Is there anything I can do to fix this and get my posts back?

My other question may be an odd one. Before this UBB, we had a different UBB, owned by my forum's previous owner. One of the members saved each and every thread as an HTML file before the forum was closed. We have no other files for this UBB other than these threads. Is there an outside chance these threads could be imported into the vBulletin as well? I'm not expecting a positive response to that but it would be neat
    http://images.deviantart.com/deviant...steroflove.gif
    Tendo City: Where all your dreams won't come true, and you can complain about it.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

On the first question did you run the import for each of your UBB forums? It's been a long time since I upgraded from UBB but I do believe I had to specifically choose each forum.

As for the second question, this won't work with the existing import script. However someone may be able to write a hack to do this. You might want to make a request over at vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...