Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gary King
    • Feb 2002

When subscribing to a forum

When subscribing to a forum on a vBulletin, what exactly does it do? Does it only add a link in your User CP, so that you can see in your User CP when there has been a new thread (or post)?

Also, is there a way so that whenever someone makes a new thread (or post) in one forum, then an email will be sent to me, notifying me about it, just like when subscribing to threads?

I'm unsure about this, because I don't usually subscribe to forums, until I needed to, to know when new threads are posted in certain forums (without having admin access!).

Thanks to whoever replies!
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Blak n Wite
    Does it only add a link in your User CP?
    That's it. It doesn't do anything in vB2.

Originally posted by Blak n Wite
    Also, is there a way so that whenever someone makes a new thread (or post) in one forum, then an email will be sent to me, notifying me about it, just like when subscribing to threads?
    Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Modify -> [edit]. It's in there.

Comment

• Gary King
      • Feb 2002

Thanks jakeman, but in my first post, I stated the following:

(without having admin access!)

So I'm wondering, is this possible? I'm guessing no though, since I can't find a solution

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Jake's solution will work for you. We are, of course, assuming you are the Admin and have access to your own Admin CP. You can put whatever email addresses you want in those fields - not just Admins or Mods.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...