Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blairwarlock
    • Nov 2001

Problem with forum...

All of a sudden today, the following error msg comes up when the forum is accessed:
    ------
    There seems to have been a slight problem with the Forums database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
    ------

I dont have access to the computer right now where the ERROR msgs are being sent to via email. What I can say is the error only comes up AFTER you attempt to login to the forums. In other words, for guests who are merely BROWSING, it comes up fine, but as soon as you try to login, the error above pops up. Hence I cannot access the admin GUI. I tried running repair.php WITHOUT turning off the forum, and nothing happens. I just get a blank browser screen...even mysqlinfo.php just gives me a blank screen. So...

1. Do you HAVE to turn the forums OFF to run repair.php
    2. Any idea on what's happening? My guess is maybe the member table is corrupted??

Running on Win2k, vB 2.2.8, MySQL 3.23.44, php 4.06

Thanks for any info!
    Last edited by Blairwarlock; Fri 27 Dec '02, 4:48pm.
  • Cary
    • Apr 2002
    • 3.6.x

Whenever you get that error view the source of the page. (In IE: View --> Source)

Post the complete error message.

Comment

• Blairwarlock
      • Nov 2001

Here's the source...

------
      <!-- Database error in vBulletin 2.2.8:

Invalid SQL: SELECT user.*,userfield.* FROM user LEFT JOIN userfield ON userfield.userid=user.userid WHERE user.userid='1'
      mysql error: Can't open file: 'userfield.MYD'. (errno: 145)

mysql error number: 1016

Date: Friday 27th of December 2002 09:18:35 PM
      Script: http://<myforums>/forums/forums/index.php
      Referer:

Comment

• Cary
        • Apr 2002
        • 3.6.x

What you have there is a corrupted table.

Run the following query in phpMyAdmin:
        REPAIR TABLE userfield;

Comment

• Blairwarlock
          • Nov 2001

Thanks... I will try that shortly. I also found this thread which says the same, more or less...

If you get an error like this: Be aware that repair.php does not work on the user or userfiled tables. Instead, run this query to fix the table (courtesy of Ed Sullivan): From this thread (http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&amp;threadid=18856&amp;highlight=userfield.myd):

Comment

• Blairwarlock
            • Nov 2001

Well, turns out my ISP did something stupid and wiped out all my free disk space on the server data volume...over 15GB! This was the initial problem why multiple tables (including userfield) were corrupted. I freed up disk space, ran mysqlcheck which corrected several problems and we're now back online. Now, it's time to spank some ISP a$$!!!

Thanks again!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...