Allowing Unregistered Users to view ONLY.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikeee
    • Oct 2002

Allowing Unregistered Users to view ONLY.

How do I set my forum to allow everyone to view the pubplic forums, but NOT post or do anything else until registered?

I went to the forum permissions and selected Unregistered/Not Logged In, and changed that to a custom setting and nothing works.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Visionray
    • Jan 2002

Originally posted by mikeee
    How do I set my forum to allow everyone to view the pubplic forums, but NOT post or do anything else until registered?

I went to the forum permissions and selected Unregistered/Not Logged In, and changed that to a custom setting and nothing works.

Instead of going into "Forums and Permissions - Permissions"
    go to the "User Groups - Forum Permissions"

Select each group in each forum, and set their permissions off for posting.

Comment

• Visionray
      • Jan 2002

Originally posted by Visionray
      Instead of going into "Forums and Permissions - Permissions"
      go to the "User Groups - Forum Permissions"

Select each group in each forum, and set their permissions off for posting.
      And if for some reason that doesn't work, then go to "User Groups - modify" and choose the usergroup, and set the permissions there. I'm sorry I forget which one should do the trick, but it has to be one of those two methods.

Comment

• CeleronXT
        • Mar 2002

When setting custom settings, make sure you also select the radio button to use the custom settings.
        "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
        "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
        Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

• mikeee
          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by CeleronXT
          When setting custom settings, make sure you also select the radio button to use the custom settings.
          (I tried this. It just refuses to work. NO matter what setting I adjust... it still keeps people who are not logged in out. Goes straight to the "you are not logged in" page. I dont get it, I clicked the radio buitton for custom settings, I clicked the "YES" button under Unregistered/notlogged in to view forums. Just doesnt make sense.

Comment

• Vile
            • Jul 2002
            • 3.6.x

(I tried this. It just refuses to work. NO matter what setting I adjust... it still keeps people who are not logged in out. Goes straight to the "you are not logged in" page. I dont get it, I clicked the radio buitton for custom settings, I clicked the "YES" button under Unregistered/notlogged in to view forums. Just doesnt make sense.
            So you did this?

Admin CP-->User Groups-->Modify-->Unregistered / Not Logged In-->[edit]-->Can View Board = Yes.

You did that, and it still doesn't work?

And you said this doesn't work either?:
            Admin CP-->Forums & Moderators-->Permissions-->[select a forum]-->Unregistered/not logged in-->[edit]-->can view forum-->yes
            Webmaster / Administrator
            www.MegaGames.com
            www.MGForums.com

Comment