Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cpeppler
    • Nov 2002

Table-like presentation in posts.

I'm trying to figure out how to get the contents of a post to provide information in a table format. I tried turning on HTML for a thread, and then tried standard HTML to create the tables, rows, and columns.

It kinda worked, but there was a huge gap between the top of the post, and the beginning of the table.

Any ideas?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by cpeppler
    I'm trying to figure out how to get the contents of a post to provide information in a table format. I tried turning on HTML for a thread, and then tried standard HTML to create the tables, rows, and columns.

It kinda worked, but there was a huge gap between the top of the post, and the beginning of the table.

Any ideas?
    If you want to use HTML tables, the entire table has to be on one line because of the use of a function to turn line feeds into HTML linebreaks <br />.

Other than that there isn't a quick and easy way to do it. Sorry.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• cpeppler
      • Nov 2002

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      If you want to use HTML tables, the entire table has to be on one line because of the use of a function to turn line feeds into HTML linebreaks <br />.

Other than that there isn't a quick and easy way to do it. Sorry.
      That makes sense. When I looked at the page source, I saw all those linebreaks. Oh well, thanks for the reply.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by cpeppler
        That makes sense. When I looked at the page source, I saw all those linebreaks. Oh well, thanks for the reply.
        You might be able to get someone to write an add-on over at vBulletin.org that would scan the post and if HTML is used, not use the nl2br() function as normal. If they don't understand, point them to this thread.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...