X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crazy Pete
    • Nov 2002

Administrator userid not 1

Hello,

I just imported all my old threads and users and such from XMB into my vB, but I noticed one problem that has me anxious.

I tried to view the Admin Log to see what was what, and it says "Admin log viewing restricted," so I checked out the config.php. There it has userid 1 can view the log and prune it, so I thought "So...what's the problem?"

Well, checking out the database with phpMyAdmin revealed to me that my account (the first one), has a userid of 2 rather than 1. Will that pose any security risks, and if so, how can I prevent that or change it?

Please let me know, as I'm just waiting for someone to register on my boards and be given the userid of 1 and wreak havoc.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

I'm not userid 1 on my forums and there's no problem with this. New users are not assigned ids that have been skipped. They are assigned ids greater than the last id number used.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Crazy Pete
      • Nov 2002

Thanks very much, Steve.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Crazy Pete
        Thanks very much, Steve.
        If you are worried, you can change the config.php file to allow those permissions to userid 2 and remove 1 from the list.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...