Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • miquel
    • Nov 2002

upload avatar problems

I would like to upload my avatar (funny.jpg), but an error occured.

"The uploaded file is not a valid GIF or JPG file. Please ensure that it is and try again."

I was trying so many times with a lot images, but the result was the same. Please help me! Thanks...
  • Vile
    • Jul 2002
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by miquel
    I would like to upload my avatar (funny.jpg), but an error occured.

"The uploaded file is not a valid GIF or JPG file. Please ensure that it is and try again."

I was trying so many times with a lot images, but the result was the same. Please help me! Thanks...
    Are any of your other members having this problem? Try forcing your avatar through Admin CP and see if it works?
    Webmaster / Administrator
    www.MegaGames.com
    www.MGForums.com

Comment

• miquel
      • Nov 2002

Originally posted by Vile
      Are any of your other members having this problem? Try forcing your avatar through Admin CP and see if it works?
      Other members are having the same problem.

I have tried through Admin CP, the result was

"Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/website/httpdocs/forums/admin/avatar.php on line 39

"

but the images was not shown.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

You need to create a directory, chmod it to 777, and then set the "Safe Mode Upload Directory" option in the control panel to point to that directory. You will need the full directory path to it.

If you don't know what the full path is, go to .../admin/index.php?action=phpinfo and search for "DOCUMENT_ROOT". The value there will be the path on your server yourdomain.com/. You can then set the path to the upload directory based on that.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• sway
          • Aug 2001

User cp can't upload avatar

I can upload avatars from the admin console and they appear as they are supposed to, but when I try to upload them from the user cp, it says avatar uploaded successfully, but the image is not displayed. All that appears is the red x graphic.

Is there something that I don't have configured properly? I can upload attachments to the database and they are displayed properly, but the avatars are not if uploaded from the user cp.

I'm using vBulletin 2.2.6.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

sway,

Please start your own thread on this and include the URL to your phpinfo.php file. Also I strongly suggest you upgrade to 2.2.9. Then if you still have the problem report it. Thanks.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...