Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • realnew
    • Nov 2002

How to have all posts require moderator approval

How can I require that posts of all members (registered as well as new) be approved by a moderator before they are listed?

Thanks
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Hi there

This is not a hard thing to do:
    1. Login to the Admin Control Panel of your forum as an Administrator (http://www.yoursite.com/forum/admin/)
    2. From the left menu, goto the section Forums & Moderators and click on 'Modify'
    3. From the right page that appeared, click on the [edit] button besides each forum.
    4. Then surf down to Moderation Options and where it says Moderator Queue - set that to YES
    5. Save. (and repeat for each forum you want to change)
    Done!

Comment

• realnew
      • Nov 2002

Thanks.

Is it possible to set it globally for all forums instead of forum by forum?

Also, I may have between 5 to 10 more questions throughout the day. Is it better to post them here or in support?

Thanks again

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

Originally posted by realnew
        Thanks.

Is it possible to set it globally for all forums instead of forum by forum?

Also, I may have between 5 to 10 more questions throughout the day. Is it better to post them here or in support?

Thanks again
        Hi there again,

I personally do not use the Moderator queue feature, because I do not need it. So I wouldn't really know if there was a global feature for this.

My brain just informed me that if you set it to the 'category' all the child forums below it might inherit it. MIGHT !! I am not sure and didn't test this. But it would save a lot of editing.

And about the other questions, just ask them. I can reply to them if I know the awnser, and otherwise someone else might So feel free to ask.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...