Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roody
    • Mar 2002
    • 3.6.x

that makes sense, but as far as i know Gaming Evolved never even got a response from support about his upgrade issue..will support respond to this one?

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

There are no unresponded tickets in the support system. Every one of them has been responded to. If you provide the support ticket number I can look it up.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• KCMO
        • May 2002

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        Sorry but we can only provide support to unhacked forums. You can try submitting a support ticket anyway but we may ask you to uninstall the hacks if we can't find a quick answer. We can only support our code - not code that is added later.
        Ok, sorry for the delay in response but I have been playing email tag with my server hosts. They have spent the last week looking over everything on the server and have found nothing to be out of place. Infact the other guy thats helping me with this Trent from Gaming Generation is on the same exact server as I running exactly the same software. So their suggestion was to re-install our current version of vB and then see if all the original files will fix our issues. After doing this if we are still having issues we will fill out a support ticket since all the hacks will be erased from my forums. Would you agree this is the best course of action at the present?

Comment

• Steve Machol
          • Jul 2000

Yes, if you still have problems with an unhacked forum fill out a support ticket. Do not reinstall the hacks.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Roody
            • Mar 2002
            • 3.6.x

Yes, if you still have problems with an unhacked forum fill out a support ticket. Do not reinstall the hacks.
            hey Steve let me ask you something. In case you forgot Gaming Evolved had that problem where he couldnt upgrade any higher then to 2.2.6. We tried numerous times to get him from 2.2.6 to 2.2.7, but to no avail, and last I heard VBulletin was unsure of his fix also. So with that in mind what is the best way to fix the issues he is having, plus get him ready to handle upgrades again so eventually he can move to VBulletin 3 when that time comes.

Comment

• Roody
              • Mar 2002
              • 3.6.x

one more question for you Steve. I am going to work tonight to help Gaming Evolved get his problem fixed. He is currently at 2.2.6, and as mentioned before unable to move up further then that. At this point, we want to get him a clean install, and then work on his upgrade issue. In order to get him a clean install I basically just re-install all of the things from the 2.2.6 final version is this correct?

If there is anything I need to do that I havent mentioned here please let me know. thanks

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

There's no such thing as 'clean install' if you want to retain the database info (members, posts, forums, etc.) As for the earlier problems I honestly don't recall the specifics. But if we couldn't get it to work, then I'm sure it must have been some unique server issue that caused this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Roody
                  • Mar 2002
                  • 3.6.x

There's no such thing as 'clean install' if you want to retain the database info (members, posts, forums, etc.) As for the earlier problems I honestly don't recall the specifics. But if we couldn't get it to work, then I'm sure it must have been some unique server issue that caused this.
                  ok, but doing another re-install of 2.2.6 will at least wipe out the hacks am i correct? I have always saved VBulletin upgrades, and since this is the latest working version that currently can be run on Gaming Evolved's forums I need to install it, until we can fix his upgrade issue.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

Don't reinstall. Just upload the original 2.2.6 files. This will overwrite the hacks in the php files. However it won't overwrite any changes in the database or templates.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Roody
                      • Mar 2002
                      • 3.6.x

Don't reinstall. Just upload the original 2.2.6 files. This will overwrite the hacks in the php files. However it won't overwrite any changes in the database or templates.
                      ok thanks for the info Steve. Gaming Evolved and I will contact you soon about fixing the other issue. Thanks

Comment

• Roody
                        • Mar 2002
                        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Roody
                        ok thanks for the info Steve. Gaming Evolved and I will contact you soon about fixing the other issue. Thanks
                        well the upload of the 2.2.6 files went well, but then apparently Gaming Evolved opened a trouble ticket with VBulletin, and they wanted him to try the upgrade to 2.2.7, and we got the same database error again. Since its his email, ill have him post the error when he wakes up.

Comment

• KCMO
                          • May 2002

Originally posted by Roody
                          well the upload of the 2.2.6 files went well, but then apparently Gaming Evolved opened a trouble ticket with VBulletin, and they wanted him to try the upgrade to 2.2.7, and we got the same database error again. Since its his email, ill have him post the error when he wakes up.
                          Here are the errors

Database error in vBulletin :

Invalid SQL: ALTER TABLE session ADD althash CHAR(32) NOT NULL DEFAULT ''
                          mysql error: Duplicate column name 'althash'

mysql error number: 1060

Date: Tuesday 26th of November 2002 01:21:05 AM
                          Script: /admin/upgrade20.php?step=2
                          Referer:

Cary Sidhom is the guy who has been answering the support ticket, you might have to get with him as to what he has had us do thus far so you guys are on the same page.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            • Jul 2000

Since you have a support ticket open on this, the best place to hanlde this is there.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Roody
                              • Mar 2002
                              • 3.6.x

looks like everything is good to go now Steve. Thanks for the help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...