X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roody
    • Mar 2002
    • 3.6.x

Attachments

Besides the attachment section in VBulletin options where else might attachments have to be enabled to make sure they can be used by members?
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Admin CP -> User Groups -> Modify -> [edit]

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Permissions

Comment

• Roody
      • Mar 2002
      • 3.6.x

ok so if attachments are set to yes in those and VBulletion options any ideas on why a forum might not be able to post them?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

are you having this problem for every forum or just a forum? are you getting any error messages when you try to post an attachment? what exactly is happening?

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

In addition to telling us exactly what's happening, you may want to also post a link to your phpinfo.php file.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Roody
            • Mar 2002
            • 3.6.x

As you know Steve, I help out Gaming Evolved with his own site, this issue is actually occuring with his forums, and not my own. I will have him respond with the phpinfo file. As for what it is doing, basically it responds as if it will accept the attachment, and goes ahead with the post, but once everything goes through you dont have the attachment, and there is no error message.

Comment

• KCMO
              • May 2002

Here is the phpinfo file...

Everything was working fine up to last night, then attachments just stopped attaching.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

1. Your site is running a 'dev' version of PHP (4.2.4-Dev) rather than a stable version. There are often bugs in these versions that can affect vB. This is the first server I've seen running this version so it's possible the problem is with PHP.

2. I notice magic_quotes_gpc is turned off. Perhaps this needs to be turned on for uplaods to work in 4.2.4-Dev.

Bottom line is that if you made no changes to your vB, then the only other likely cause of attachments suddenly stopping like this is server-related changes. Ask your host what changed, and to possibly downgrade PHP to a stable version.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• KCMO
                  • May 2002

Ok, got my server hosts to downgrade my php to 4.2.2 and images still wont attach. Could you guys take another look at my phpinfo page and see if something is set wrong in this downgraded version of php. Here is the link again

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

The magic_quotes_gpc is still turned off. Ask your host to turn this back on in php.ini:

magic_quotes_gpc = On

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• KCMO
                      • May 2002

Ok, its now set to ON and image attachments still don't work. Any other ideas?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        • Jul 2000

If you have not installed any hacks, fill out a support ticket at:

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP and FTP.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• KCMO
                          • May 2002

If there are no hacks at all on my forums or no hack installs recently?

I have hacks but they are nothing that I have installed recently and are the same hacks I have carried with my since 2.2.2

Comment

• Roody
                            • Mar 2002
                            • 3.6.x

thats a good question, if hacks havent been installed recently Steve, and this issue just started its safe to say hacks had nothing to do with this so does he send it as is?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                              • Jul 2000

Sorry but we can only provide support to unhacked forums. You can try submitting a support ticket anyway but we may ask you to uninstall the hacks if we can't find a quick answer. We can only support our code - not code that is added later.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...