X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TutorialForums
    • Mar 2002

Set a different style as default?

Hi -

I'm trying to change one of my other styles into the Default style, while at the same time retaining all of the user's in their respective styles.... so the newer style currently called Robo(TF) will become default and retain it's 729 users, the original default will retain it's 5389 users and be renamed to Original (so it's still a choice, but no longer default).

I've tried, and all I seem to be able to do is overwrite the original Default with the Robo(TF) style... so now the 5389 users who want to use the original style have been switched to the Robo(TF) style -- not what I had in mind.

A "set this style as Default" option would be quite nice

Anyhow.... if someone could please help that would be great!
    Thanks!
    -- David
    + TutorialForums.com
    + Photoshop-Tips.com
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

To make a new style show up as the default, simply modify the Default Style properties and point them to the Replacement and Template sets of the style you want to appear as the default.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• TutorialForums
      • Mar 2002

Steve... yeah -- problem is, I want to preserve the style choice for people -- when I do it the way you described, it does certainly change the Default style to the New style as I wanted, but in the process, all the users who had been using the Default style are now using the New style. I want the New style to become default, but I don't want to flip flop everyone's style choice in the process. I want the same people who had the "old" default to continue to have that style, and those who had already been using the one that's to become the "new" default to keep their setting.

I hope I'm making sense. Thanks!
      -- David
      + TutorialForums.com
      + Photoshop-Tips.com

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

For that you'd need a hack. Try asking over at vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• TutorialForums
          • Mar 2002

Ok thanks.. I posted - hopefully they'll have some ideas

Actually I ran into another problem as well while messing with this - now if I upload either of the styles, trying to return things to how they were before, it changes BOTH to the same style, no matter what. As best I can tell nothing seems out of order...

Thanks..
          -- David
          + TutorialForums.com
          + Photoshop-Tips.com

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

If you upload a style and other styles use the same replacement and/or template sets, then those sets will be overwritten unless you set 'Overwrite existing style' to 'No'.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...