How do I display more smilies for users to select?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kirupa
    • Jun 2002

How do I display more smilies for users to select?

Hi everyone,
    I have a simple question that is driving me insane. On my forums, http://www.kirupaforum.com I am trying to have more smilies display for the posters to select instead of the default 15. How can I increase the numbers of smilies displayed? Increasing the column value only displays the same 15 smilies over a wider area.

The jist of it is, I don't want to have to press Get More to see some cool smilies. I want all or most displayed by increasing the number of smilies displayed from 15 to something greater than that.

Thanks!
    Kirupa
  • Lorddraco98
    • Nov 2001
    • 3.5.x

Admin CP--> vBulletin Options-->Posting Code Allowances

change "Clickable Smilies Total" to how ever many you want to show
    -Draco
    The Digital Sector Forums

Comment

• kirupa
      • Jun 2002

Thanks a lot Lorddraco98! I had no idea the place to change that was just below the number of columns. =)

Cheers!
      Kirupa

Comment

• Lorddraco98
        • Nov 2001
        • 3.5.x

Originally posted by kirupa
        Thanks a lot Lorddraco98! I had no idea the place to change that was just below the number of columns. =)

Cheers!
        Kirupa
        hehe no problem man, glad I could help.
        Sometimes there are so many options that the one you need, you overlook
        -Draco
        The Digital Sector Forums

Comment

• kurt@triffetdesi
          • Mar 2008

Wow, took some serious Google searching to solve the smilie limit problem. Would have never looked in options under that title (For 4.14: "message posting interface options") to fix the problem. Seems to me this belongs with the smilie manager.

What confused matters for me and my forum was that there was no option to click for more smilies (as mentioned above).
          Was this changed in 4.14?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by kurt@triffetdesi
            Wow, took some serious Google searching to solve the smilie limit problem. Would have never looked in options under that title (For 4.14: "message posting interface options") to fix the problem. Seems to me this belongs with the smilie manager.

What confused matters for me and my forum was that there was no option to click for more smilies (as mentioned above).
            Was this changed in 4.14?
            You're posting in a ten-year old thread for a version of the software that hasn't been developed on in almost that long.

It is the same in your version however.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...