Activation Email Problems, AOL customers...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davrob
    • Jan 2002

Activation Email Problems, AOL customers...

Version: 2.2.4 (I know, I need to update )

Hello:

About one week ago, AOL users that registered using an AOL email address never receive their email activation.

This is affecting current AOL users also that have been a member for quite sometime. Current members are not receiving email notifications when subscribed to posts, or when they receive a PM.

It is only AOL users, everyone other account is working..

One other question, if I uncheck the "Verify Email address in registration", will it give the new person that just registered their password during registration, without having it be sent to them via email with an activation?

Thanks for any help,

David
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

1. I'm not aware of any issues regarding email to just AOL users. I'm afraid the only way to know what is happening to these emails is to look through the server's email lgos. If you have root access you can do this yourself. If not, then you'll need to ask your host to do this.

2. Yes, if you set this to 'No' then users will be automatically registered without needing to click on an activation link. Of course this means that people will be able to register on your forums with fake email addresses.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• davrob
      • Jan 2002

Steve:

Thank you for your help. I do have root access but have never checked email logs. Do they have a certain file name?

I'm new to my dedicated server...

Thanks again,

David

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

It depends on the server and the mail server used. On my server the mail logs are in /var/log/. Look for anything with 'reject' in it's name.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• davrob
          • Jan 2002

Thanks again Steve, I appreciate it.

David

Comment

• MrGravis
            • Aug 2003

This is beacause your email servers doesn't have reverse dns enabled.
            http://www.insanejustice.com/images/mrgravissig.gif

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...