How do I change the default preference value for...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • areyes
    • Jul 2002

How do I change the default preference value for...

When new users register, How do I change the default value of the preferences "Browse Board with cookies" and "Automatically login when you return to the site" from yes to no?

Many thanks in advance!!
    Alison
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Admin CP -> Templates -> Modify -> [expand list] -> Registration Templates -> registeradult and registercoppa. make sure the "yes" input field is checked. if the "no" field is checked then remove that attribute and add it to the "yes" field. in the example below you remove the red text and add it to the "no" input field:

<tr>
    <td bgcolor="{secondaltcolor}"><normalfont><b>Browse board with cookies?</b></normalfont><br>
    <smallfont>Clicking yes will use cookies to keep your id for this session. Clicking no will send it through the links. (Selecting no may cause problems with proxies)</smallfont></td>
    <td bgcolor="{secondaltcolor}"><normalfont>
    <input type="radio" name="nosessionhash" value="yes" checked> yes
    <input type="radio" name="nosessionhash" value="no"> no
    </normalfont></td>
    </tr>

Comment

• areyes
      • Jul 2002

Excellent! Muchas Gracias!!

Perfect! Thank you for showing me that editor. I've been connecting to the MySQL database via MSAccess to update the templates...this is so much easier!!

I appreciate you very rapid response!

Thanks again,
      Alison

Comment

• areyes
        • Jul 2002

I can't type ...

I appreciate your very rapid response!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...