Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bgraham
    • May 2002

Unidentified Guests

I have a sitre that should be locked down for all but registered guests. From time to time, when you click on Current Active Users it shows at least one "guest" cruising the site, sometimes more than one.

Honestley, I think it sometimes looks like it is me, based on where the cruising is occuring, but I am also shown as me the actual user.

Any advice?
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Admin CP -> User Groups -> Modify -> Unregistered / Not Logged In -> [edit]. set everything to no.

the who's online list isn't always a good indicator. it might say a guest is viewing a forum or thread they don't have permission to view when in fact all they are viewing is the "no permission" page.

Comment

• bgraham
      • May 2002

Thanks

Thanks Jake!!!!!

Comment

• Lithium
        • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Jakeman
        Admin CP -> User Groups -> Modify -> Unregistered / Not Logged In -> [edit]. set everything to no.

the who's online list isn't always a good indicator. it might say a guest is viewing a forum or thread they don't have permission to view when in fact all they are viewing is the "no permission" page.
        I have done that but still get guest viewing the forum, in certain sections.

Comment

• mishkan
          • May 2002

Like Jake said, the "guest" isn't actually seeing the forum... they're actually just seeing a "no permission" screen. You can test this out yourself... just log out, and try to mimic the actions taken by the guest. What do you see on your screen?

Comment

• nch
            • Aug 2002

I am looking for some info, if it is possible to force all memebers to login. It should not be possible to browse as guest. All members should be displayed. Is this possible and? And if where can I find the settings?

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

If I understand you correctly, just do what Jake posted.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment