Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bgraham
    • May 2002

Trouble with Attachments

I can't seem to post attachmen ts, no matter what type. I can't find anything on the CP that is set wrong. Any help?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Do you have a phpinfo.php file? If not create a text file with this content:

PHP Code:
    <?php
    phpinfo
    ();
    ?>
    Name it 'phpinfo.php' then upload it to your forum directory and post the URL here. This will help us troubleshoot the problem.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• bgraham
      • May 2002

OK, here it is, I hope

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Actually it's: http://www.ohtf1.com/members/phpinfo.php

I don't see anything out of the ordinary here except that error_re[porting is set off. Modify (or have your host modify) the php.ini file to add support for error_reporting. Here's the line to add:

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE

Then post any error message you receive when trying to make an attachment.

By the way you do have 'Can post attachments' set to 'Yes' in the User Group and forum permissions, right?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Gary Miyakawa
          • Jun 2002

I've been having a similiar problem since upgrading the Mysql and PHP (4.2.2)...

I've build a completely new board (fresh from format of drive on up) and can't post attachments... I get the same error as the above user... It looks like it's not even getting to MySQL (don't see any errors over there)...

I'm running on the server to test all of this...

Thoughts/ideas ?

Gary Miyakawa
          Polycom

P.S. my error setting are as above and I'm not getting any other error during the attempt.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Actually no one has posted any error message yet. Please include a link to your phpinfo.php file and the full error messages you are getting.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Gary Miyakawa
              • Jun 2002

Opppppps.....

There WAS an error message... It just happened to be below the rest of the information on the screen... Based on reading (basically said /tmp couldn't be found)... I built that directory (actually changed it to c:/temp) and it seems to be working FINE now...

Thanks for making me look deeper !!! (darn trees do get in the way!)

Gary Miyakawa
              Polycom

Comment

• Gary Miyakawa
                • Jun 2002

We are getting better but I'm still getting an error when trying to upload a bit larger file... I do have "safe mode" turned off... The message at the bottom of the screen is
                PHP Warning: stat failed for C:\WINNT\TEMP\php36.tmp (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\vBulletin\admin\functions.php on line 1689
                I'm going to attach my PHPINFO stuff since this server is currently not visible to the public.

Thanks for the help folks!

Gary Miyakawa
                Polycom

Comment

• Gary Miyakawa
                  • Jun 2002

I defined the PHP Temp Directory as C:/Temp (and gave it everyone permissions) and now I'm getting:

Database error in vBulletin 2.2.6:

Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO attachment (attachmentid,userid,dateline,filename,filedata,visible) VALUES (NULL,1,1028925709,'manual.pdf','%PDF-1.3
                  %âãÏÓ
                  3285 0 obj
                  The file I tried to upload is the vBulletin PDF manual (about 1.8mb) and I have max upload size set to 0 (in the Admin CP)

More thoughts please ?

Gary Miyakawa
                  Polycom

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
                    Former vBulletin Developer
                    • Dec 2000

Can you post the last bit of the error, the part telling you the errror description and error number
                    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• bgraham
                      • May 2002

No Error

OK, I believe that the change was made on the server. But I do not get another error message, on the:

"There has been an error with your attempt to upload the file. Please try again, and if the error continues, please contact the administrator"

Were should I see the error message?

Comment

• bgraham
                        • May 2002

test only

I was just wondering if the file would post. It does, just thought I better make sure I am not doing something stupid!!!

Comment

• chazman
                          • Mar 2002

I am getting the same error with attachments now that I wasn't before. I think that it has to do with the PHP 4.2.2 upgrade that was fairly recently installed on my server. I am running 2.2.6 with almost no php hacks.

The error states invalid gif or jpg file if it is a picture

Chazman

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            • Jul 2000

Post the complete error message. Also do you have a phpinfo.php file? If not create a text file with this content:

PHP Code:
                            <?php
                            phpinfo
                            ();
                            ?>
                            Name it 'phpinfo.php' then upload it to your forum directory and post the URL here. This will help us troubleshoot the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
                              Former vBulletin Developer
                              • Dec 2000

Thats four different people posting in the same thread with different attachment problems.

Can each of your put a support ticket in with your url to the phpinfo page, ftp username and password.

Any error messages shown and what was being done at the time and any recent changes to the server software and URL to your forums with version.

Its got a bit confusing with so many different people posting in the same thread.
                              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...