X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonlevine
    • May 2002

Email all users skips a bunch....

or so it seems.

If I look at my Usergroups list, it tells me that I have 1,620 Registered users. But, when I send out an email to everyone in the Registered group, it says "Emailing users (1,382 total).

Are these just the individuals who have selected to not receive email from admins, or is it something else?

I have a few users who do complain that they are not receiving any email, but I am unsure if this is happening to other users who don't know that they should be receiving email from us (and therefore not reporting it).

I ran the mailtest.php and it came back fine.

Along the same vein, can I set the receive email from admins to yes as the default and not give people the choice to disable it?

Thanks group.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

that means some of your users have chosen not to receive admin e-mails in their user cp.

Comment

• jonlevine
      • May 2002

Can I change that to force them to receive emails post signup? We send out a newsletter that is part of the site and I think that the users who opted out of the email didn't realize that it contained the newsletter as well.

Is there anyway to list just the users who have opted out of the admin emails? I didn't see a setting for it in the find users menu.

Thanks again.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

you can set all current users to receive admin e-mails by running this query on your database:

UPDATE user SET adminemail=1

backup first!

Comment

• jonlevine
          • May 2002

Thanks a bunch!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...