Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ipscone
    • Jul 2002

How do I fix this getip page?

I have a forum that has a column to the left of the topics and threads. I made appropriate changes to templates, to allow this.

But I still have one page that is not displaying right. It's no big deal but I would like to know where to make the changes to the getip page.

This shows the thread with the column correctly displated all the way down the left.

Click the IP: logged to see the problem. Direct link shown below

This shows incorrect display with the left column only at the top.

I'd like to fix this if possible.

One other related question

In the Admin CP-->Templates Modify, there are a bazillion things that can be changed. Some of the names of objects are obvious what they do, many are not. Is there any listing anywhere that gives a brief description of what thesse do?

Some appear to be complete HTML (or PHP) documents, others just look like snippets.

Thanks,
  • Mike Sullivan
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Apr 2000
    • 3.6.x

We can't access the IP thing -- no permission. But I should note that the same thing happens there (standarderror template). The template you're looking for is threads_displayip.

There should be a template reference document in the members' area you might want to look at, but personally I find this to bethe easiest method. Go into the CP's options page and turn on "Add template name in comments". Now, whenever you want to know what a template a page uses, go to the page and view the source. Search for "<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE:" and you'll see exactly where each template is inserted.

Comment

• ipscone
      • Jul 2002

I will look at those templates. This is not an "error" condition though. You see the error page but I see the IP page and it looks the same.

Left column displayed at the top and IP (or your error page) shown below the menu column.

I fixed this already in the normal thread pages. I will look at the ones you mentioned and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...