This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    There are an untold numbers of reason this could have started suddenly - all of them server related.

For questions aboutMYSQL Status reports, try the Serveer Configuration forum.

Leave a comment:

• Chael
    replied
    Steve,

Thanks for all the information.

I am a bit confused of why this would suddenly happen though. My forums has been running along fine and then overnight I start getting errors. No increase in traffic or request. The only addition I run is the Vbadvance CMS. No other modifications. Nothing upgraded or changed on the host end either.

The problem started a few weeks back, went away and was running fine, and now again this morning is giving me errors again. The parameters are fine for my host looking at the list you provided.

I'm novice in this area so I am trying to understand what questions I need to be asking my host or what other areas I should be looking at that might be causing problems. I know at one point someone speculated that there was a PHP or MYSQL bug going around, but I have not been able to find any information to support it.

>>>>Whoop!

I was just reading again and noticed a post about persistant connections and turning that off. I will have to try that, but what does that do and how does it effect the operation of the forum?

Thanks!

Chael

Okay, and PS - I was reading through the MYSQL Status report and had a few questions about that. Where would be a good place to ask those questions? Again, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Your host's response shows a glaring lack of knowledge about running a server.

mysql error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query

This is a server issue. You need to contact your host about this. See this post for the possible causes of a lost connection error:

Hello, Ive been running vBulletin without any incident for about 8 months now. I've recently switched ISP's and when I transferred over to the new server I started getting error emails, always error 2013. I have been switched over for about 1 week now, some days i get 15-20, others I have gotten 150-200. I have asked my ISP

Leave a comment:

• Simtech
    replied
    Ditto here.

I'm receiving 1-5 errors a day, and my board is brand new with only about 75 members and maybe 6-10 posts a day.

Version 3.0.6
    MySQL Persistant is set to 0

Here is the error code received:

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.6:

Invalid SQL:
    UPDATE vb3_datastore
    SET data = data - 1,
    data = IF( data < 0, 0, data )
    WHERE title = 'mailqueue'

Note: this part never is the same... the only part of the errors that are similar is the following 2 lines:

mysql error number: 2013

Date: Friday 28th of January 2005 12:07:08 AM
    Script:
    http://www.simtechonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10
    Referer: http://www.simtechonline.com/forums/
    Username: Unregistered (this part changes - usually has different usernames here... I've even seen mine at times!)
    IP Address: 66.245.124.51 (different IP addresses as well)

I can't see where I can read my wait_timeout but in 'view PHP info' on the admin page my:
    mysql.connect_timeout is set to -1
    default_socket_timeout = 60

and I cannot access my /etc/my.cnf area... not on this server.

I did contact my hosting company and this is what I was told:
    Thank you for contacting customer support. At this time, you would need to install and configure the forum through the database. Unfortunately, we would be unable to assist you with the configuration of the forum.

I have written back to them and pasted the vBulletin page explaining about wait_timeouts... is there any other routes that I can go? It seems there's several of us which are experience the exact same problems.

Thanks-

Leave a comment:

• clindh
    replied
    I have the same problem; with a wait timeout on 300 seconds, which I could raise of course.

But I would like to understand WHY this happens; why is a mysql thread connection timing out like this at the end of a page?

Note that for me this only happens at queries being executed by the PHP shutdown functions - like the one above; update last activity time

Leave a comment:

• Austin Dea
    replied
    Possible?

Leave a comment:

• Austin Dea
    replied
    How can I figure out my wait_timeout setting without asking the host?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    If that's true then there is no reason for those errors on a properly configured server. Sorry but there's nothing more I can recommend. The issue is still the server.

Leave a comment:

• tucklis
    replied
    I haven't installed anything additional.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Sorry but I don't see how they can say a lost connection to MySQL is not a server issue. Have you installed any hacks, or any additional scripts to the headinclude, header, or phpinclude templates? If so, remove them and see if the problem goes away.

Leave a comment:

• tucklis
    replied
    [QUOTE='Steve Machol']This is still a server issue. You need to contact your host about this. Let them know that you have already confirmed that vB is running with persistant connections turned off.

See this post for the possible causes of a lost connection error:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...t310265[/QUOTE]

I recently got this reply from my host:

Dear Sir,
    Thank you for your recent enquiry on ticket 25454.
    After further investigation our Engineers confirm that the errors you have reported is not related to the running of .PHP on the web server or MySQL on the MySQL server as there are several sites running vBulletin successfully without error on our Linux webservers. Unfortunately we are unable to assist any further.

What do I do now?

Thanks,
    Kerry

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    This is still a server issue. You need to contact your host about this. Let them know that you have already confirmed that vB is running with persistant connections turned off.

See this post for the possible causes of a lost connection error:

Leave a comment:

• tucklis
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    Post the exact and complete error.
    Database error in vBulletin 2.3.0:
    Invalid SQL: UPDATE session SET lastactivity=1047315097,location='/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=436' WHERE sessionhash='255dd65b2cf8d964dc6ac881a2fae22c'
    Date: Monday 10th of March 2003 05:14:47 PM
    Script:
    http://www.soccerpages.com/forum/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=436
    Referer:

Database error in vBulletin 2.3.0:
    Invalid SQL: UPDATE LOW_PRIORITY thread SET views=views+1 WHERE threadid='436' mysql error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
    Date: Monday 10th of March 2003 04:31:25 PM
    Script:
    http://www.soccerpages.com/forum/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=436
    Referer: http://www.google.pl/search?lr=lang_en&cr=&q=Ajax+Feyenoord+hooligans&hl=pl&inlang=pl&ie=ISO-8859-2

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Post the exact and complete error.

Leave a comment:

• tucklis
    replied
    This is already set to 0 but I still occasionally get the errors.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...