Opera opening attachment.php instead of the zip file attached?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boatdesign
    • Jun 2001

Opera opening attachment.php instead of the zip file attached?

I just noticed something and am wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem:

When someone attaches a zip file and I attempt to click to open the attachment in Opera, Opera prompts me to select whether I want to open or save attachment.php instead of the attached zip file. If I say open, it tries to actually open attachment.php and then I get an error because the proper program can't be found to open php files... Of course IE nd Mozilla work fine to open the attachments.

Is this a bug in my installation of Opera or Opera in general? Is there a workaround?
    Boat Design & Boat Building Forums
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

some browsers will do that. my mac does that in IE. i always end up downloading the file as attachment.php and then renaming it to whatever.zip .

Comment

• George L
      Former vBulletin Support
      • May 2000
      • 3.8.x

Re: Opera opening attachment.php instead of the zip file attached?

Originally posted by boatdesign
      I just noticed something and am wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem:

When someone attaches a zip file and I attempt to click to open the attachment in Opera, Opera prompts me to select whether I want to open or save attachment.php instead of the attached zip file. If I say open, it tries to actually open attachment.php and then I get an error because the proper program can't be found to open php files... Of course IE nd Mozilla work fine to open the attachments.

Is this a bug in my installation of Opera or Opera in general? Is there a workaround?
      use internet explorer or netscape
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• samtha25
        • Feb 2001

This is caused by a workaround used in vBulletin to get around an anomaly in Internet Explorer 5. Unfortunately, it assumes that there are only two browsers in the world. Konquerer responds the same way as Opera. I changed it for our site and tell IE users, who are prompted twice for the download to get a real browser.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...