mysql error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query since upgrading to 2.2.5

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • f150guy
    • Apr 2000

mysql error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query since upgrading to 2.2.5

Database error in vBulletin 2.2.5:

(actual queries vary, some are on the session table, some are on the user table...)

mysql error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query

mysql error number: 2013
    I am getting a few of these errors an hour since upgrading to v2.2.5. Any thoughts on why this may be? I don't recall ever seeing this error in the past. We are currently using the latest version of MySQL-Max...
    Steve

F150online Forums - 92,000 users strong and growing!
    Ownersite.com - comprehensive preventive maintenance reminder & expense tracking system for the conscientious vehicle owner.

• George L
    Former vBulletin Support
    • May 2000
    • 3.8.x

hmmmmmm

The most common reason for the MySQL server has gone away error

1. Is that the server timed out and closed the connection. By default, the server closes the connection after 8 hours or 28800 seconds if nothing has happened. You can change the time limit by setting the wait_timeout variable when you start mysqld via your server's /etc/my.cnf as well.

2. Another common reason to receive the MySQL server has gone away error is because you have issued a ``close'' on your MySQL connection and then tried to run a query on the closed connection. You can check that the MySQL hasn't died by executing mysqladmin version and examining the uptime.

i.e. to check mysql uptime, in shell as root user type:

mysqladmin -u root -p version

3. You can also get these errors if you send a query to the server that is incorrect or too large. If mysqld gets a packet that is too large or out of order, it assumes that something has gone wrong with the client and closes the connection. If you need big queries (for example, if you are working with big BLOB columns), you can increase the query limit by starting mysqld with the -O max_allowed_packet=# option (default 1M) or via max_allowed_packet variable in your /etc/my.cnf file and restarting mysql after you edited your /etc/my.cnf file. The extra memory is allocated on demand, so mysqld will use more memory only when you issue a big query or when mysqld must return a big result row
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• f150guy
      • Apr 2000

Another common reason to receive the MySQL server has gone away...
      Not that one, our MySQL uptime is currently 3 days 21 hours 41 min 23 sec

You can also get these errors if you send a query to the server that is incorrect or too large
      Just standard, unhacked, fresh v2.2.5 code, now running on a faster server than last week. (Dual PIII 900's, dual 18gb SCSI & 1gb of RAM)

Just an FYI, the problem seems to be occuring most frequently (19 out of 20 times) on the session table.
      Steve

F150online Forums - 92,000 users strong and growing!
      Ownersite.com - comprehensive preventive maintenance reminder & expense tracking system for the conscientious vehicle owner.

Comment

• parafieldtower
        • Oct 2005

Hello,

Where do you read the uptime from? I issued the version command and saw the following:
        Code:
        [root@vps ~]# clear;mysqladmin -h 65.39.254.14 -uvbulletin -pouterhabour
        mysqladmin  Ver 8.41 Distrib 4.1.16, for redhat-linux-gnu on i386
        Copyright (C) 2000 MySQL AB & MySQL Finland AB & TCX DataKonsult AB
        This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software,
        and you are welcome to modify and redistribute it under the GPL license
        followed by some options explanation, and then
        Code:

count                             0
        force                             FALSE
        compress                          FALSE
        character-sets-dir                (No default value)
        default-character-set             (No default value)
        host                              65.39.254.14
        port                              3306
        relative                          FALSE
        socket                            (No default value)
        sleep                             0
        ssl                               FALSE
        ssl-key                           (No default value)
        ssl-cert                          (No default value)
        ssl-ca                            (No default value)
        ssl-capath                        (No default value)
        ssl-cipher                        (No default value)
        user                              vbulletin
        verbose                           FALSE
        vertical                          FALSE
        connect_timeout                   43200
        shutdown_timeout                  3600

Comment

• ZGOzZ
          • Jul 2006
          • 3.6.x

you know, alot of people are having this problem VB guys whats going on?

If it was one person then this is fine but there are to many of use having this problem, is there some set up issue?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...