The best way to email 18,000 members of VB?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kathy
    • May 2000
    • 3.8.x

The best way to email 18,000 members of VB?

Okay, I have an email that needs to go out to all my members (sans banned members of course) and would like to know the best way to go about this.

Since I'll only be emailing them once (and not regularly as a newsletter) I'd rather not purchase additional software unless absolutely necessary.

The last time I tried to email the list, I stalled out using the default settings as the email was sent. As it stalled, I made note of the USERID and guessed for and checked their registration date...used that for the variable for locating the remaining members and kept on until finished. This process is full of flaws. LOL

This took me a while....and I figured there is a better, more efficient way.

Do I set the number to email to less than 1000?

Do I select a date from/to "registered" for a smaller group....mail it. Select the next group dates, email...and carry on up to the present registered members?

One person suggested I simply select pref: 500 to email at once....and pause inbetween emailings, planning an afternoon devoted to this activity? Sounds do-able. Others suggested purchasing software for email list management and getting the vb to create an email list to use....

Thanks for your suggestions.
    Last edited by Kathy; Mon 15 Apr '02, 3:10pm.
    Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

AFAIK the critical factor is the number you send out at once. If you have problems sending out 500 at once, try smaller batches - although this can be a big of a pain when doing 18,000 mailings.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...