Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

for the background image on your forums you need to edit your body tag. Admin CP -> Styles -> Modify -> [fonts/colors/etc]. it's right after the big white text boxes towards the top. you will see bgcolor="#XXXXXX" in the body tag. after that insert BACKGROUND="images/background.gif" , or whatever the path to the background image is. that should work for ya.

the white on white problem only happens when quoting? are you talking about the quote button or the quote screen where you can type?

Comment

• RavenBeauty
      • Mar 2002

Sorry jakeman it took me a while to get back. Dad was having sugery. I fixed the quotes problem thank goodness!

And thank you for telling me how to do the background!

Now what if I just want to put a background on the catagorie headings? I m sorry Im so stupid here..

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by RavenBeauty
        Now what if I just want to put a background on the catagorie headings? I m sorry Im so stupid here..
        in the same [fonts/colors/etc] section find the field for the category background color. change it to #XXXXXX" BACKGROUND="images/background.gif . then upload the background.gif to your images folder. be mindful of the quote placement. the way this works is:

-in your templates you will have something like <td bgcolor="{categorybackcolor}">
        -this would typically parse to <td bgcolor="#XXXXXX">
        -by editing the category background color like explained above we are ending the bgcolor tag and starting a background image tag. this way the change takes effect for your entire forum without having to edit every template.

Comment

• RavenBeauty
          • Mar 2002

Thank you Jakeman! and centering the words in the middle of the catagories is another question?

UNLESS your getting weary of me but you have been A GODSEND!

Concerning the quotes problem.. here is how that goes...as best I know how to explain it.

When you hit the quote button it does alright but does NOT say so and so SAID.. just puts it in a box with a frame..

now some other way they are trying to do it.. it does this:

it says SO AND SO SAID but that is all there is in the box.. nothing more PERIOD! not even anything you could see if you highlited indicated a wrong font color .. it simply is NOT there!

i know i screwed THAT up myself!

Comment

• Jake Bunce
            • Dec 2000
            • 3.6.x

Forumhome Templates:

forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost
            <tr id="cat">
            <td bgcolor="{categorybackcolor}" colspan="6" align="center" valign="middle"><a href="forumdisplay.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&forumid=$forum[forumid]"><normalfont color="{categoryfontcolor}"><b>$forum[title]</b></normalfont></a>
            <br><smallfont color="{categoryfontcolor}">$forum[description]</smallfont></td>
            </tr>

forumhome_forumbit_level2_nopost
            <tr id="cat">
            <td bgcolor="{categorybackcolor}"><smallfont>&nbsp;</smallfont></td>
            <td bgcolor="{categorybackcolor}" colspan="5" align="center" valign="middle">
            <a href="forumdisplay.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&forumid=$forum[forumid]"><normalfont color="{categoryfontcolor}"><b>$forum[title]</b></normalfont></a>
            <br><smallfont color="{categoryfontcolor}">$forum[description]</smallfont></td>
            </tr>

just add the align and valign that's in bold

re: quote problem.
            did you modify anything or install any hacks that pertain to quotes? i know firefly has that quote box hack.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...