Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TurboFC3S
    • Jun 2001

Problems moving site to new server

I'm the admin for supraforums.com. For some time I've been running the site on a shared Linux box. But it was time to upgrade them to a dedicated server. And to get it up quick I did it with Windows 2000 Server - I will rebuilt it with Linux sometime soon, but right now it's Windows/IIS 5.0.

I got the database transferred and loaded on the new box. Then to transfer the forum, all I did was basically copy the files unchanged from the old server to the new one. Same directory structure and all - all I changed was the config.php for the new database username, password.

The problem is that things are acting very strangely. This site is the only one on the server. I start IIS and the page works fine. Then after a few minutes of running I get this error:

Code:
    PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 01293E71
    Also, sometimes this error pops up:

Code:
    Fatal error: Cannot redeclare stripslashesarray() in D:\supra\forum\global.php on line 10
    And even while the site is working, I get this error at the top of every page:

Code:
    Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\supra\forum\admin\config.php:74) in D:\supra\forum\admin\functions.php on line 1459
    Basically I'm just wondering what I should look at? I'm using PHP 4.1.2 and the latest MySQL on the server. I have disabled a lot of services, but I can't imagine any of those being related to this. Are there any config settings in the php.ini that I might have wrong? Help please!
  • TurboFC3S
    • Jun 2001

The old forum ran on PHP 4.0.6 and MySQL 3.23.41 ... could upgrading to 4.1.2 and 3.23.49 while still using the same forum files cause a problem?

Is there anything Windows specific that needs to change?

I'm stumped here ...

Comment

• George L
      Former vBulletin Support
      • May 2000
      • 3.8.x

Re: Problems moving site to new server

Originally posted by TurboFC3S
      I'm the admin for supraforums.com. For some time I've been running the site on a shared Linux box. But it was time to upgrade them to a dedicated server. And to get it up quick I did it with Windows 2000 Server - I will rebuilt it with Linux sometime soon, but right now it's Windows/IIS 5.0.

I got the database transferred and loaded on the new box. Then to transfer the forum, all I did was basically copy the files unchanged from the old server to the new one. Same directory structure and all - all I changed was the config.php for the new database username, password.

The problem is that things are acting very strangely. This site is the only one on the server. I start IIS and the page works fine. Then after a few minutes of running I get this error:

Code:
      PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 01293E71
      Also, sometimes this error pops up:

Code:
      Fatal error: Cannot redeclare stripslashesarray() in D:\supra\forum\global.php on line 10
      And even while the site is working, I get this error at the top of every page:

Code:
      Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\supra\forum\admin\config.php:74) in D:\supra\forum\admin\functions.php on line 1459
      Basically I'm just wondering what I should look at? I'm using PHP 4.1.2 and the latest MySQL on the server. I have disabled a lot of services, but I can't imagine any of those being related to this. Are there any config settings in the php.ini that I might have wrong? Help please!
      windows servers

i'm not sure about the first 2 errors but the last one, check to see if your /admin/config.php file has extra line breaks before and after the opening and closing php tags <?php and ?>

also post a url to your phpinfo file
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...