• Decoder
        • Feb 2002

where do i find those templates???
        do i change the .php files directly?
        or something in the admin CP?

Comment

• [cs] Andy
          • Mar 2002

ok you can find the templates in your admin cp, once your in the cp on the left scroll down to templates, then click on modify then click expand list then scroll down to New Posting Templates then expand it and you will find 2 of the templates there then look for User Option Templates you will find the last template to edit in there

Comment

• jamoss
            • Apr 2002

Me too

My attachments just stopped working a half hour ago. Getting 'not a valid .jpg or .gif file' error.

Edited the templates you mentioned above and replaced the $enctype code. Still not working.

###UPDATE####

It was a temp directory that was in a partition that was full. Check that if you're having trouble uploading attachments.

Jennifer.
            Last edited by jamoss; Tue 9 Apr '02, 10:41am.

Comment

• xoRFa
              • May 2002

having saving problems

I've tried changing the template and file_uploads is on... I have no idea what the problem might be.. perhaps an upgrade of PHP is needed?

- http://www.mediaorgy.com/phpinfo.php
              - http://www.mediaorgy.com/board/
              - PHP v4.0.6
              - MySQL v3.23.36
              - Linux 2.4.2

Comment

• Steve Machol
                Former Customer Support Manager
                • Jul 2000

Re: having saving problems

Originally posted by xoRFa
                [B]I've tried changing the template and file_uploads is on... I have no idea what the problem might be.. perhaps an upgrade of PHP is needed?
                In your case, Safe Mode is 'on' and you're running Plesk. Perhaps this thread will help:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Elentari
                  • May 2002
                  • 3.7.x

Ive recently installed vb225 ... and just tonight noticed that attachements werent working. (hadnt tried to post them before)

the url of the board is http://www.christiansurvivors.com/forums

I came over here, and Ive tried the template fix - but it still wont upload anything!!

I'm not getting an error message - it just looks like its uploading them fine, then doesnt show up on the thread.

Any more ideas?

El x

Comment

• angel2b
                    • May 2002

Same deal

Weird; I get the same thing. Odd that this. And I *know* uploads work fine, as people can upload avatars fine too. Let me attach my avatar here; and if it works, lol, you can tell me what you did, so we can do it too.

- Mark

Comment

• angel2b
                      • May 2002

if it works, lol, you can tell me what you did, so we can do it too
                      Hmm, I guess that was a no-show.

- Mark

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        • Jul 2000

Do you have a phpinfo.php file? If not create a text file with this content:

PHP Code:
                        <?php
                        phpinfo
                        ();
                        ?>
                        Upload it to your forum directory and post the URL here.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• angel2b
                          • May 2002

Yikes,

I tried to upload something and view it; and this is what I got emailed back,

Database error in vBulletin 2.2.5:

Invalid SQL: SELECT downloads FROM user WHERE userid = 1
                          mysql error: Unknown column 'downloads' in 'field list'

mysql error number: 1054

This isn't good.

This is quite serious. I just checked the database of a client of mine, who also has a vbulletin running; and the same thing. I checked the "user" table (with phpMyAdmin-2.2.6), and it is true; there is no column called "downloads".

P.S. The query occurs in attachemt.php, and is as follows:

$dl = $DB_site->query_first("SELECT downloads FROM user WHERE userid = $bbuserinfo[userid]");

- Mark
                          Last edited by angel2b; Thu 30 May '02, 6:13am.

Comment

• angel2b
                            • May 2002

Yay! I solved it! )

I was bold enough, and just added a column of type "blob" to the user table; it worked! This MySQL query:

alter table user add column downloads BLOB;

N.B. The "downloads" field is NOT part of the standard attachment.php. It comes with one of the many hacks.

I also added this to my php.ini,

file_uploads = 1
                            upload_tmp_dir = /tmp

As without it, it would not do anything. Can't believe I actually got it to work.

It would be nice, though, if PHP actually cleaned up the files in /tmp; but hey, I'll find a way around that too.

P.S. In a vague memory, I remember an install option, somewhere, that asked me whether I wanted to keep uploads on disk, or in the database. I opted for inside. Maybe that is related.

/me, happy as punch.

- Mark
                            Last edited by angel2b; Thu 30 May '02, 7:02am.

Comment

• allenfox
                              • Sep 2002

now I can't delete posts with attachments.

Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
                              Try this...

The fix is a pretty simple template modification. You need to replace:

$enctype

with:

enctype="multipart/form-data"

In the editpost, modifyavatar, newreply, and newthread templates. The editing instructions are the same as in http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...&threadid=41098 , except in step 4, you want to do the replacement specified above.

Great now file attachments work using this fix, but now my admins can't delete posts with attachments anymore.

I get the following error when trying to delete a post with an attachment.

Database error in vBulletin 2.2.7:

Invalid SQL: SELECT DISTINCT attachmentid FROM post WHERE attachmentid IN (97,0) AND threadid<>'133'
                              mysql error: Got error 127 from table handler

mysql error number: 1030

Date: Tuesday 03rd of September 2002 02:11:34 PM
                              Script: http://www.gamerzedge.com/forums/forums/postings.php
                              Referer: http://www.gamerzedge.com/forums/postings.php

Comment

• Steve Machol
                                • Jul 2000

By the way you did not need to use Ed's fix for 2.2.7.

Your problem is a crashed post table. Upload repair.php (it's in the 'extras' folder of the zip file) to your admin directory. Close your forums, then run it from your browser with this syntax:

repair.php?html=1&check=1

It everything reports 'Ok' then reopen your forums. If not, then run it again. The second time everything should report Ok. See if this fixes the problem.

If you have any more problems, please start a new thread. Thank you.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...