Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jminiman
    • Jul 2001

Cookies or not: I can't log out!

For some reason, even when I have unchecked the use of cookies and the auto-logging in of my account when I visit my forums, I CANNOT log out of the forums! I was able to do it before, but now I can't. What might have changed? I'd prefer not to wipe my cookies . . .

Many other users of mine are reporting the same problem.
  • mvigod
    • Nov 2001

Wipe just your forums cookies (not the entire cookie set for your browser) and this will fix it. I had the same problem after I changed my cookie domain from the default to mydomain.com to catch everything under my domain....all old cookies prevented me from logging out but when I deleted the cooke vb set it made a new one when I logged in again and all was fine...
    Marc
    -------

Comment

• jminiman
      • Jul 2001

That did the trick. Thanks!

Comment

• admiralapril
        • Oct 2001

Originally posted by mvigod
        Wipe just your forums cookies (not the entire cookie set for your browser) and this will fix it. I had the same problem after I changed my cookie domain from the default to mydomain.com to catch everything under my domain....all old cookies prevented me from logging out but when I deleted the cooke vb set it made a new one when I logged in again and all was fine...
        This is exactly what has happened on my site.. nobody can log out! I did set the cookie domain to mysite.com etc, but then reset it. Can you tell me how to wipe my forum cookies? I'm not sure how to do it, and I don't want to go messing around with it, or else I'll really screw something up.

Thanks in advance!!
        April

Comment

• admiralapril
          • Oct 2001

Originally posted by admiralapril

This is exactly what has happened on my site.. nobody can log out! I did set the cookie domain to mysite.com etc, but then reset it. Can you tell me how to wipe my forum cookies? I'm not sure how to do it, and I don't want to go messing around with it, or else I'll really screw something up.

Thanks in advance!!
          April
          Bump. Someone has to know how to fix this problem.

Comment

• Zzed
            • Feb 2002

If you are a windows 2000 user, your cookies can be found in here: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Cookies

Organize the cookies alphabetically and look for a cookie that has your site name. Then delete it.

BTW, I am running as administrator on my box.

Comment

• admiralapril
              • Oct 2001

Originally posted by Zzed
              If you are a windows 2000 user, your cookies can be found in here: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Cookies

Organize the cookies alphabetically and look for a cookie that has your site name. Then delete it.

BTW, I am running as administrator on my box.
              Thanks Zzed, I'm running Win 2000 also. But I'm not running my forum off of my computer - it's a different system.

So this isn't a forum setting thing, but it is on each person's computer? Does each individual person need to delete these cookies in order to log out again? Or do I need to get on the computer that the forum is hosted on and delete these cookies?

Thanks!

Comment

• Zzed
                • Feb 2002

Thanks Zzed, I'm running Win 2000 also. But I'm not running my forum off of my computer - it's a different system.

So this isn't a forum setting thing, but it is on each person's computer? Does each individual person need to delete these cookies in order to log out again? Or do I need to get on the computer that the forum is hosted on and delete these cookies?

Thanks!
                admiralapril, each user must delete his/her own cookies. We had a similar problem on our board a few weeks back. I had to delete my browser cookies, specifically the one for my site.

Comment

• admiralapril
                  • Oct 2001

Thank you so much Zzed. It worked perfectly.

Comment

• Zzed
                    • Feb 2002

Thank you so much Zzed. It worked perfectly.
                    You're very welcome.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...