Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djsani
    • Jan 2002

Database keeps crashing

Some tables in my database keep crashing everyday for the past 4 weeks now.

It's always the "searchindex" "user" "post" tables

I keep fixing them, but everyday something keeps crashing...can anyone help me out? I am loosing members because the board always has something wrong with it.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Is your host starting and stopping mySQL on a regular basis? Some do this in the mistaken belief that it's necessary to keep mySQL running properly. Generally if you are getting this many table corruptions, then it has something to do with how the server is configured and manitained.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• tubedogg
      • Feb 2001

Some do this in the mistaken belief that it's necessary to keep mySQL running properly.
      Or they don't know how to properly maintain it so they restart it to get rid of problems and cover up.

Comment

• George L
        Former vBulletin Support
        • May 2000
        • 3.8.x

what steve and kevin said

your web host should be able to check mysql's error logs to see why mysql is crashing and/or apache's error logs as well for indications as to what the problem is
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...