Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • heidi
    • Oct 2001

Waiting on an ETA for move from EZboards

We know that you have to do an EZBoards move into VBulletin, but we've been waiting about a week - we submitted our info early last week.

Is there some delay? We can live with it if there is, but we would love to know about it, so we can deal with it.

Otherwise, cannot cope. Off to Mordor.
  • Freddie Bingham
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • May 2000
    • 1.1.x

You have not responded to my emails which is why I haven't done anything. You need to move your forum from .php3 to .php since I checked and your server does support .php. Your forum is timeing out on the import and I expect that it will work if you convert to .php since php4 is mucho faster than php3.

Comment

• kippesp
      • Jan 2002

Okay. The extension of our files carries special significance with regard to how Apache handles it? This can be done but not without some kicking and screaming.

What is different on this import when compared to the first two? Is the import affected by modifications we've put in place with regard to centralizing users' data from our three forums into a 4th database? (Wayne helped out in this area.)

A bit of quick history...The schnoogle forum was migrated before we made database changes--so I think you used unmodified code. The fictionallypark forum was migrated about the time the changes were going in.

I must admit the extension choice was purely a "pick one" decision and go with it. Would it be in our best interest to move to a .php extension?

If the extension is important, my I suggest a bit more indication in vB the documentation. It's not vBulletin's fault on the choice I made, but the effect is very far reaching to say the least.

Thanks,
      Paul Kippes
      Cygwin - all the tools to make Windows complete (cvs, vim, diff, grep, gcc, ssh, ...)

Comment

• heidi
        • Oct 2001

Originally posted by freddie
        You have not responded to my emails which is why I haven't done anything. You need to move your forum from .php3 to .php since I checked and your server does support .php. Your forum is timeing out on the import and I expect that it will work if you convert to .php since php4 is mucho faster than php3.
        We have not received one email from you. I'm off to check the address in my CP right now - if you could resend whatever emails you've sent to me, that would be great. edited to note that the address in my CP is correct.

And to think, I was not posting another Support request because I didn't want to be pushy and bratty...
        Last edited by heidi; Wed 30 Jan '02, 2:26am.

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • May 2000
          • 1.1.x

Yes .php indicates php4 while .php3 indicates php3

php3 is slower than php4.

I will try the import one more time as is.

..and vBulletin 3 will not support php3.

Comment

• kippesp
            • Jan 2002

Poof! We've converted to .php.

Freddie, give this a try and keep us posted.
            Cygwin - all the tools to make Windows complete (cvs, vim, diff, grep, gcc, ssh, ...)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...