X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigDave
    • May 2001

HELP Password problems

Hello

We have a MYSQL application where users register and provide all of their pertinent information.

Rather than having them re register, we wrote a script (that worked just great with the previous versions of VB), when a user registered on our site, we automatically created them on the VB site.

I upgraded to 2.2.1 over the weekend and the passwords on our main site dont work. I would assume it has something to do with the encrypted passwords.

How can I keep the integration and deal with this new security enhancement? I have to fix this soon or I will have a lot of unhappy new users.

Thanks for the help

BigDave
  • tubedogg
    • Feb 2001

Before comparing the password from the form submission with the one in the database, do this:
    $password = md5($password);

Comment

• sadeness76
      • Jul 2001

I have nade no modification to the way the board works just moved it from one server to the other and now none of the passwords for any user work.

Any ideas?

Marcos Duran
      [email protected]

Comment

• tubedogg
        • Feb 2001

Was the database backup you restored recent? (e.g. it wasn't an old backup)

Comment

• sadeness76
          • Jul 2001

Hi,
          No the database was used by a prior version of vbulletin. I think I was able to fix it. I reinstalled vbulletin and also uploaded the dump file. Same problem but then I just updated the vbulletin to 2.2.2 and I guess it converted the database or added the password encryption thing which was probably causing the problem.

Thank you for your help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...