• Show
Clear All
  • Twig Deez
    • Nov 2001

styles... question.

hi.

i have three styles on my forums;
    the original one, still called "default";
    one called "classic", and one called "eternal".

i've noticed, however, that any new registrants automatically start out with the classic style,
    rather than the default. i -want- them to have the default one to begin with,
    and then change if they so desire; however, i thought that this should happen anyway?

so... have i done something to change this, or is something wrong, or...?
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

i would suspect your default style isn't in the default position... so to speak.

the actual default style that users automatically get goes by styleid 1. an easy way to tell which style is the default is to go to Admin CP -> Styles -> Modify. whichever style doesn't have the '[remove]' option is the default (or styleid 1). open the properties of this style and select the appropriate Replacement Set and Template Set that you want your default style to have. make appropriate style property and style name changes to your other styles after making the changes to your new default style. assuming my diagnosis of the problem is correct this should fix it for you.

Comment

• Twig Deez
      • Nov 2001

okay.

i double checked, and my "default" style is styledid 1.
      i've had other styles in the last few months, so the other styles have odd numbers;
      the "classic" style is style id 6; and "eternal" has a style id of 11.

still, new registrants default to the "classic" style,
      whereas obviously they should be defaulting to the "default" style...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...